We are AhaSlides, a SaaS (software as a service) company. AhaSlides is an audience engagement platform that allows leaders, managers, educators, and speakers to connect with their audience and let them interact in real-time. We launched AhaSlides in July 2019. It’s now being used and trusted by millions of users from over 200 countries all around the world.
We are a Singapore corporation with a subsidiary in Vietnam and a soon-to-be-set-up subsidiary in the EU. We have over 30 members, coming from Vietnam (mostly), Singapore, the Philippines, the UK, and Czech.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Hanoi, as part of our effort to scale up sustainably.
If you are interested in joining a fast-moving software company to take on the big challenges of fundamentally improving how people worldwide gather and collaborate, this position is for you.
What you will do
- Build and maintain a quality-driven engineering culture that helps ship products rapidly and with good confidence.
- Design, develop, maintain, and optimise the AhaSlides platform – including the front-end apps, backend APIs, real-time WebSocket APIs, and the infrastructure behind them.
- Apply best practices from Scrum and Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) effectively to improve delivery, scalability, and overall productivity.
- Provide support to the junior and mid-level engineers in the team.
- You can also be involved in other aspects of what we do at AhaSlides (such as growth hacking, data science, UI/UX design, and customer support). Our team members tend to be proactive, and curious and rarely stay still in predefined roles.
What you should be good at
- Ideally, you should have over 02 years of experience in Node.js and over 04 years of experience in software development.
- You should be familiar with common programming design patterns.
- You should be able to write highly reusable and maintainable code.
- Having experience in test-driven development will be a big advantage.
- Having experience with Amazon Web Services will be an advantage.
- Having experience in team lead or management roles will be an advantage.
- You should read and write in English reasonably well.
What you will get
- Top salary range in the market.
- Annual education budget.
- Annual health budget.
- Flexible working-from-home policy.
- Generous leave days policy, with bonus paid leave.
- Healthcare insurance and health check.
- Amazing company trips.
- Office snack bar and happy Friday time.
- Bonus maternity pay policy for both female and male staff.
About the team
We are a fast-growing team of 40 talented engineers, designers, marketers, and people managers. Our dream is for a “made in Vietnam” tech product to be used by the whole world. At AhaSlides, we realise that dream each day.
Our Hanoi office is on Floor 4, IDMC Building, 105 Lang Ha, Dong Da district, Hanoi.
Sounds all good. How do I apply?
- Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “Software Engineer”).