Our notice is to comply and ensure that our employees comply with the requirements of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (2012) (“PDPA”) and any other relevant privacy laws like The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) in the locations in which we operate.
In order to use the services provided on our Platform, you will have to share your personal data with us.
Whose information we collect
“You” can be:
- a “User”, who has signed up for an Account on AhaSlides;
- an “Organisation Contact Person”, who is AhaSlide’ point of contact at an organisation;
- a member of an “Audience”, who anonymously interacts with an AhaSlides presentation; or
- a “Visitor” who visits our Websites, sends us emails, sends us private messages on our Websites or to our social media profiles, or in any other way interacts with us or uses parts of our Services.
What information we collect about you
Our principle is to only collect the bare minimum of information from you so that our services could function. It may include:
- Registration information, including your name, email address, billing address.
- User-generated contents (“UGC”), such as presentation questions, answers, votes, reactions, pictures, sounds, or other data and materials that you upload when you use AhaSlides.
You are liable for personal data included in information submitted by you to AhaSlides presentations in your use of the Services (e.g. the documents, text and pictures submitted electronically), as well as personal data provided by your Audience in their interaction with your AhaSlides Presentation. AhaSlides will only store such personal data to the extent provided and as a result of your use of the Services.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services. This information helps us to troubleshoot technical problems and improve our Services.
The information we collect includes:
- Your use of the Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information includes the features you use; the links you click on; the articles you read; and the time you spent on our Websites.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your device and network connection you use to access the Services. This information includes your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, language preference. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services, your browser’s settings, and your network settings.
We may also collect, use and share your information to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you. Aggregated data may be derived from your Personal Information but is not considered Personal Information as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature, or to generate statistics about our users.
Third-party service providers
We engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process your Account to support our business. These third parties are our Subprocessors and may, for example, provide and help us with computing and storage services. Please see our full list of Subprocessors. We always ensure that our Subprocessors are bound by written agreements that require them to provide at least the level of data protection required of AhaSlides.
We use Subprocessors to deliver the best Services possible to you. We do not sell personal data to Subprocessors.
How we use your information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provision of services: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate, maintain, and improve the Services.
- For research and development: We are always looking for ways to make our Services more useful, faster, more pleasant, more secure. We use information and collective learnings (including feedback) about how people use our Services to troubleshoot, to identify trends, usage, activity patterns, and areas for integration and to improve our Services and to develop new products, features and technologies that benefit our users and the public. For example, to improve our forms, we analyse users’ repeated actions and time spent on them to find out which parts of a form are causing confusion.
- Customer management: We use contact information from registered users to manage their accounts, to provide customer support, and notice them about their subscriptions.
- Communication: We use contact information to communicate and interact with you directly. E.g., we may send notifications regarding upcoming feature updates or promotions.
- Compliance: We may use your personal information to enforce our Terms of Service, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to detect, prevent, and respond to potential or actual security incidents and to monitor and protect against other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, including violations of our Policies.
How we share information we collect
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our authorised service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, customisation of content, analytics, security, data storage and cloud services, and other features offered through our Services. These service providers may have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- We access, preserve and share your Personal Information with regulators, law enforcement or others where we reasonably believe such disclosure is needed to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address illegal or suspected illegal activities, security or technical issues, (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or other third parties; or (e) to maintain and protect the security and integrity of AhaSlides Services or infrastructure.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users. We also may share aggregated information with third parties for conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any Personal Information and cannot be used to identify you.
How we store and secure information we collect
Data security is our top priority. All data you may share with us is fully encrypted both in transmission and at rest. AhaSlides Services, user content, and data backups are securely hosted on Amazon Web Services’ (“AWS”) platform. The physical servers are located in AWS’ data centers in the US East (North Virginia) Region, USA. For more information on how we protect your data, please see our Security Policy.
Payment related data
We never store credit card or bank card information. We use Stripe and PayPal, who are both Level 1 PCI compliant third-party vendors, to process online payments and invoicing.
You can choose not to provide us with Personal Information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of AhaSlides Services because such information may be required for you to register as a user, purchase Paid Services, participate in an AhaSlides presentation, or make complaints.
You can make changes to your information, including accessing your information, correcting or updating your information or deleting your information by editing the “My Account” page in AhaSlides.
You have the following rights with respect to our collection of the Personal Information we collect about you. We will respond to your request consistent with the applicable laws as soon as practicable, normally within 30 days, after proper verification procedures. Your exercise of these rights is usually free of charge, unless we deem it is chargeable under the applicable laws.
- Right to access: You may submit a request to access the Personal Information we collect about you by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Right to rectification: You may submit a request to rectify the Personal Information we collect about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to erasure: You can at all times delete your AhaSlides presentations when you are logged into AhaSlides. You may delete your entire Account by going to the “My Account” page, then going to the “Account Deletion” section, then following the instruction there.
- Right to data portability: You may ask us to transfer some of your Personal Information, in structured, commonly used and machine-readable formats to you or other environments designated by you, if technically feasible, by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw your consent and ask us not to continue to collect or process your Personal Information at any time if that information is collected on the basis of your consent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your exercise of this right will not affect the processing activities that occurred before your withdrawal.
- Right to restrict processing: You may request us to stop processing your Personal Information if you believe such information is collected unlawfully or you have other reason by emailing us at email@example.com. We will examine your request and respond accordingly.
- Right to object: You may object to the processing of any Personal Information we collect about you, if such information is collected on the basis of legitimate interests, at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may reject your request if we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests and freedom or the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- Right concerning automated decision making and profiling: You may ask us to stop automated decision making or profile, if you believe such automated decision making and profiling has legal or similarly significant effect upon you by emailing us at email@example.com.
In addition to the foregoing rights, you also have the right to lodge complaints to the competent Data Protection Authority (“DPA”), usually the DPA of your home country.
When you log in, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for 365 days. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
All of the cookies used by AhaSlides are safe for your computer and they only store information that is used by the browser. These cookies cannot execute code and cannot be used to access content on your computer. Many of these cookies are necessary to ensure the proper functioning of our Services. They do not contain malware or viruses.
We use different types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for a correct functioning of our website and for the use of the services contained therein. In their absence, our website or at least some sections, may not work properly. Therefore these cookies are always used regardless of the users’ preferences. This category of cookies is always sent from our domain. Users may delete these cookies via their browser settings.
- Analytics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information on the use of our website, such as, for instance, the pages visited more frequently. These cookies are sent from our domain or from third party’s domains.
- Google AdWords
These cookies allow us to help us deliver targeted online adverts based on past visits to our website on various third party websites across the internet.
- Cookies for the integration of third parties’ functionalities
These cookies are used in relation to the functionalities of the website (e.g. icons of social media networks for sharing of content or for the use of the services provided by third parties). These cookies are sent from our domain or from a third party’s domain.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/en/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Embedded content from other websites
Content on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 2021: Add a section for “Third-party service providers”.
- August 2020: Thorough update to the following sections: Whose information we collect, What information we collect about you, How we use your information, How we share information we collect, How we store and secure information we collect, Your choices, Your rights, Age limit.
- May 2019: First version of page.
Have a question for us?
Get in touch. Email us at email@example.com.