My bestie used to ask me for advice on what she should do with her life. It made me think a lot. Sometimes, What should I do with my life, the kịnd of question also goes around in my head for different stages of my life-changing.
And I’ve figured out that asking more detailed questions compatible with my goal-setting can be a great help.
It takes time to understand yourself and the simplest way to do this is by asking more specific questions, and this article is a complete list of questions that might instruct you in your journey to find the best answers to the question of “What should I do with my life?”.
Table of Contents
- The Importance of Knowing What to do in Your Life
- What Should I Do with My Life: 10 Questions About Career Relevance
- What Should I Do with My Life: 10 Questions to Ask about Relationship Relevance
- What Should I Do with My Life: 10 Questions to Ask about Interests and Hobby
- What Should I Do with My Life: 10 Questions to Ask about Finance and Savings
- Spinner Wheel – Choose your Next Step!
- Key Takeaways
More Tips with AhaSlides
The Importance of Knowing What to do in Your Life
Knowing what to do in your life is crucial because it gives you direction and purpose. When you have a clear understanding of your goals, passions, and values, you are better equipped to make decisions that align with those things. Meanwhile, without a clear direction, it can be easy to feel lost, uncertain, and even overwhelmed.
The IKIGAI, The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life, is a famous book for looking at your life purpose and work-life balance. It mentions a useful technique to identify their purpose in life by analyzing four aspects: what you love, what you are good at, what the world needs, and what you can be paid for.
Until you can draw out the four elements’ intersection, which is represented in a Venn diagram, it is your Ikigai or reason for being.
“What should I do with my life” is an ultimate question whenever you are in struggle, confusion, desperation, and beyond. But it might not be enough to resolve all kinds of troubles that you are facing. Asking more thought-provoking related questions for specific aspects can lead you to a roadmap to get yourself on the right track.
And here is the best 40 questions to help you discover who you really are, what is your next step, and how to become a better version of yourself every day.
What Should I Do with My Life: 10 Questions About Career Relevance
1. What do I enjoy doing in my free time, and how can I turn that into a career?
2. What are my natural strengths and talents, and how can I use them in my career?
3. What kind of work environment do I thrive in? Do I prefer a collaborative or independent work setting?
5. What is my ideal work-life balance, and how can I achieve it in my career?
6. What kind of salary and benefits do I need to support my lifestyle and financial goals?
7. What kind of work schedule do I prefer, and how can I find a job that accommodates that?
8. What kind of company culture do I want to work in, and what values are important to me in an employer?
9. What kind of professional development opportunities do I need to advance in my career?
10. What kind of job security do I need, and how can I find a stable career path?
What Should I Do with My Life: 10 Questions to Ask about Relationship Relevance
11. What kind of relationship do I want to have, and what are my goals for this relationship?
12. What kind of communication style do I prefer, and how can I express my needs and feelings to my coworkers effectively?
13. What kind of conflicts have we had in the past, and how can we work together to avoid them in the future?
14. What kind of boundaries do I need to set in my relationship, and how can I communicate them clearly to my partner?
15. What kind of trust do I have in my colleague and how can we build or rebuild trust if it has been broken?
16. What kind of expectations do I have for my partner, and how can I communicate them effectively?
17. What kind of time and attention do I need from my partner, and how can we balance our individual needs with our relationship needs?
18. What kind of commitment am I willing to make in my relationship, and how can we both work together to ensure we are both committed to each other?
19. What kind of future do I envision with my partner, and how can we work together to make that vision a reality?
20. What kind of compromises am I willing to make in my relationship, and how can I negotiate them with my partner?
What Should I Do with My Life: 10 Questions to Ask about Interests and Hobby
21. What are my current interests and hobbies, and how can I continue to cultivate them?
22. What new interests or hobbies do I want to explore, and how can I get started with them?
23. How much time do I want to devote to my interests and hobbies, and how can I balance them with other commitments in my life?
24. What kind of community or social groups can I join that align with my interests and hobbies, and how can I get involved?
25. What kind of skills do I want to develop through my interests and hobbies, and how can I continue to learn and grow?
26. What kind of resources, such as books, classes, or online tutorials, can I use to deepen my understanding of my interests and hobbies?
27. What kind of goals do I want to set for my interests and hobbies, such as learning a new skill or completing a project, and how can I achieve them?
28. What kind of challenges have I faced in pursuing my interests and hobbies, and how can I overcome them?
29. What kind of opportunities, such as competitions or exhibitions, exist for me to showcase my interests and hobbies, and how can I participate?
30. What kind of enjoyment and fulfilment do I get from my interests and hobbies, and how can I continue to incorporate them into my life to enhance my overall well-being?
What Should I Do with My Life: 10 Questions to Ask about Finance and Savings
31. What are my short-term and long-term financial goals, and how can I create a plan to achieve them?
32. What kind of budget do I need to create to effectively manage my finances, and how can I stick to it?
33. What kind of debt do I have, and how can I create a plan to pay it off as quickly as possible?
34. What kind of savings plan do I need to put in place to build an emergency fund, and how much do I need to save?
35. What kind of investment options are available to me, and how can I create a diversified portfolio that aligns with my financial goals?
36. What kind of retirement plan do I need to put in place to ensure I have enough savings to support myself in retirement?
37. What kind of insurance do I need to have, such as health, life, or disability insurance, and how much coverage do I need?
38. What kind of financial risks do I need to be aware of, such as market volatility or inflation, and how can I manage those risks?
39. What kind of financial education do I need to have to effectively manage my finances, and how can I continue to learn and grow my knowledge?
40. What kind of legacy do I want to leave behind, and how can I incorporate my financial goals and plans into my overall life plan to achieve that legacy?
Spinner Wheel – Choose Your Next Step!
Life is like a spinner wheel, you never know what will happen next, even if you try to organize to make it work as you wish. Don’t be upset when it is not following your initial plan, be flexible, and act as cool as a cucumber.
Let’s make it fun with AhaSlides Spinner Wheel called “What should I do with my life” and see what will be your next step in decision-making. When the spinning wheel stops, look at the result, and ask yourself deep questions.
Bear in mind that having a clear direction in life can help you build resilience and cope with setbacks. When you face challenges, having a sense of purpose can help you stay motivated and focused on your goals, even when things get difficult.
So whenever you are in your life, asking these sorts of questions can help you have better awareness about your potential and help you build up alternative courses of action to help you enrich your life, even change your life forever.