Need inspiration for the quizzes on Halloween night? Fluorescent skeletons are out the closet, and pumpkin-spiced lattes are flying from baristas’ hands. The spookiest of seasons is upon us, so let’s get ghoulish with a Halloween Quiz!
Here we’ve laid out 20 questions and answers for the perfect Halloween quiz. All questions are completely free to download and host on AhaSlides’ live quiz software.
|When is Halloween?||Annual 31/10|
|When was Halloween invented?||~2.000 years ago.|
|Origin Country of Halloween?||US and Canada|
Table of Contents
Which Halloween Character Are You?
Who should you be for the Halloween quiz? Let’s play the Halloween Character Spinner Wheel to find out which characters are you, to choose the suitable Halloween costumes for this year!
30+ Quizzes on Halloween Trivia Questions for Kids and Adults
Check out a few fun Halloween trivia with answers as below!
- Halloween was started by which group of people?
Vikings // Moors // Celts // Romans
- What’s the most popular Halloween costume for kids in 2021?
Elsa // Spiderman // Ghost // Pumpkin
- In 1000 AD, which religion adapted Halloween to fit their own customs?
Judaism // Christianity // Islam // Confucianism
- Which of these types of candy is the most popular in the USA during Halloween?
M&Ms // Milk Duds // Reese’s // Snickers
- What’s the name of the activity that involves grabbing floating fruit with your teeth?
Apple bobbing // Dipping for pears // Gone pineapple fishing // That’s my tomato!
- In which country did Halloween start?
Brazil // Ireland // India // Germany
- Which of these is not a traditional Halloween decoration?
Cauldron // Candle // Witch // Spider // Wreath // Skeleton // Pumpkin
- The modern classic The Nightmare Before Christmas was released in what year?
1987 // 1993 // 1999 // 2003
- Wednesday Addams is which member of the Addams family?
Daughter // Mother // Father // Son
- In 1966 classic ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’, which character explains the tale of the Great Pumpkin?
Snoopy // Sally // Linus // Schroeder
- What was candy corn originally called?
Chicken Feed // Pumpkin corn // Chicken wings // Air heads
- What was voted as the worst Halloween candy?
Candy corn // Jolly rancher // Sour Punch // Swedish Fish
- The word “Halloween” means what?
Scary night // Saints’ evening // Reunion day // Candy day
- What is the most popular Halloween costume for pets?
spiderman // pumpkin // witch // jinker bell
- What is the record for the most lit jack-o’-lanterns on display?
28,367 // 29,433 // 30,851 // 31,225
- Where is the biggest Halloween parade in the US thrown?
New york // Orlando // Miami beach // Texas
- What was the name of the lobster that was picked from the tank in Hocus Pocus?
Jimmy // Falla // Micheal // Angelo
- What is banned in Hollywood on Halloween?
pumpkin soup // balloons // Silly string // Candy corn
- Who wrote the “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”
Washington Irving // Stephen King // Agatha Christie // Henry James
- Which color stands for the harvest?
yellow // orange // brown // green
- Which color signifies death?
grey // white // black // yellow
- What’s the most popular Halloween costume in the U.S., according to Google?
a witch // peter pan // pumpkin // a clown
- Where is Transylvania, otherwise known as Count Dracula’s home, located?
Noth Carolina // Romania // Ireland // Alaska
- Prior to pumpkins, which root vegetable did the Irish and Scottish carve on Halloween
cauliflowers // turnips // carrots // potatoes
- In Hotel Transylvania, what color is Frankenstein?
green // gray // white // blue
- The three witches in Hocus Pocus are Winnie, Mary and who
Sarah // Hannah // Jennie // Daisy
- What animal did Wednesday and Pugsley bury at the beginning of Adams Family Values?
a dog // a pig // a cat // a chicken
- What’s the shape of the mayor’s bow tie in TheNightmare Before Christmas?
a car // a spider // a hat // a cat
- Including Zero, how many creatures pull Jack’s sleigh in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
3 // 4 // 5 // 6
- What item is NOT something we see Nebbercracker take in Monster House:
tricycle // kite // hat // shoes
10+ Easy Halloween Word Cloud questions
- Name candies used on Halloween party
smarties, airheads, jolly ranchers, sour patch kids, runts, blow pops, whoppers, milk duds, milky way, Laffy taffy, nerds, skittles, payday, Haribo gummies, junior mints, Twizzlers, Kitkat, snickers,…
- Name Halloween symbols.
bats, black cats, wolves, spiders, ravens, owls, skulls, skeletons, ghosts, witches, Jac-o-Lantern, graveyards, clowns, corn husks, candy corns, trick-or-treating, scarecrows, blood.
- Name animation movies about Halloween for kids
Coco, The Nightmare Before Midnight, Coraline, Spirited away, Parnanoman, The Book of Life, Corpse Brides, Room On The Broom, Monster House, Hotel Transylvania, Gnome Alone, The Adam Family, Scoob,
- Name characters in the movie series Harry Potter (not a full name is ok)
Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Draco Malfoy, Lord Voldemort, Professor Albus Dumbledore, Professor Severus Snape, Rubeus Hagrid, Luna Lovegood, Dobby, Professor Minerva McGonagall, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Gellert Grindelwald, Neville Longbottom, Bellatrix Lestrange, Dolores Umbridge…
- Names the main characters and their power in Winx club.
Bloom (fire), Stella (Sun), Flora (nature), Tecna (technology), Musa (music), Aisha (waves)
- Name creatures in “The Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald”
Chupacabra, Thestrals, Black Rope Snake, Bowtruckle, House Elves, Nifflers, Leucrotta, Docxies, Mooncalf, Kelpie, Augurey, Giant Eye, Kappa, Firedrakes, Oni, Maledictus, Zouwu, Obscurus, Steelers, Baby Grindylow, Raven, Boggart, Water Dragon Parasite, Matagot, Fire Dragons, Phoenix.
- Name fun Halloween games
Scavenger Hunt, Horror movie trivia, Candy corn toss, Apple bobbing, Halloween charades, Mad scientist guessing game, Halloween pinata, Murder mystery.
- Name of heroes from the Marvels world.
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor Odinson, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Rocket, Vision, Ant-Man, Spiderman, Groot, Wasp, Captain Marvel, She-hulk, Black Widow, Blade, X-men, Daredevil, Hulk, Deadpool…
- Name 4 houses in the Hogwart wizard school
Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin
- Name characters from Tim Burton’s the Nightmare before Christmas.
Jack Skellington, Oggie Boogie, Sally, Dr. Finkelstein, Mayor, Lock, Clown with the Tear, Barrel, Undersea Gal, Corpse Kid, Harlequin Demon, The Devil, Vampire, Witch, Mr. Hyde, Wolfman, Santa Boy…
10 Halloween Image Quiz Questions
🕸️ Check these 10 picture questions for a Halloween quiz. Most are multiple choice, but there are a couple where no alternative options are given.
What’s this popular American candy called?
- Pumpkin bits
- Candy corn
- Witches’ teeth
- Golden stakes
What’s this zoomed-in Halloween image?
- A witch’s hat
Which famous artist has been carved into this Jack-o-Lantern?
- Claude Monet
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Salvador Dali
- Vincent van Gogh
What’s the name of this house?
- Monster House
What is the name of this Halloween movie from 2007?
- Trick ‘r Treat
Who’s dressed as Beetlejuice?
- Bruno Mars
- Childish Gambino
- The Weeknd
Who’s dressed as Harley Quinn?
- Lindsay Lohan
- Megan Fox
- Sandra Bullock
- Ashley Olsen
Who’s dressed as The Joker?
- Marcus Rashford
- Lewis Hamilton
- Tyson Fury
- Connor McGregor
Who’s dressed as Pennywise?
- Dua Lipa
- Cardi B
- Ariana Grande
- Demi Lovato
Which couple is dressed as Tim Burton chracters?
- Taylor Swift & Joe Alwyn
- Selena Gomez & Taylor Lautner
- Vanessa Hudgens & Austin Butler
- Zendaya and Tom Holland
- What is the name of the movie
- Hocus Pocus
- The witches
- The vampires
What is the name of the character?
- The Hunted man
- Oggie Boogie
- What is name of the movie?
- Land of Dead
- The nightmare before Christmas
22+ Fun Halloween Quiz Questions in the Classroom
- Which fruit do we carve and use as lanterns on Halloween?
- Where did real mummies originate?
- Which animal can vampires supposedly turn into?
- What are the names of the three witches from Hocus Pocus?
Winifred, Sarah, and Mary
- Which country celebrates the Day of Dead?
- Who wrote ‘Room on the Broom’?
- What household items do witches fly on?
- Which animal is a witch’s best friend?
a black cat
- What was originally used as the first Jack-o’-Lanterns?
- Where is Transylvania?
- What room number was Danny told not to enter in The Shining?
- Where do vampires sleep?
in a coffin
- Which Halloween character is made of bones?
- In the movie Coco, what is the name of the main character?
- In the movie Coco, whom does the main character want to meet?
his great great grandfather
- Which was the first year decorating the White House for Halloween?
- What is the name of the legend that jack-o’-lanterns originated from?
- In what century was Halloween first introduced?
The 19th century.
- Halloween can be traced back to a Celtic holiday. What’s the name of that holiday?
- Where did the game of bobbing for apples originate?
- Which help to classify students in 4 Hogwarts house/
The Sorting Hat
- When is Halloween thought to have originated?
Sign up free to AhaSlides
Create a free AhaSlides account. No download or credit card details necessary.
Grab the Halloween quiz
On the dashboard, navigate to the template library, hover over the Halloween quiz and press the 'Use' button.
Change what you want
The Halloween quiz is yours! Change questions, images, backgrounds and settings for free, or just leave it as it is.
Host it live!
Invite players to your live quiz. You present each question from your computer and your players answer on their phones.
Want to Make your Own Live Quiz?
Learn the ropes of AhaSlides free quiz software by checking out the video below. This explainer will show you how to create a quiz from scratch and have you engaging your audience within just a few minutes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Best List of Movies for Halloween Trivia Night?
You can either watch the below, or use this to create the most exciting trivia, as the top 20 Halloween Movies include Halloween (1978), The Shining (1980), Psycho (1960), The Exorcist (1973), A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), The Conjuring (2013), Hereditary (2018), Get Out (2017), Trick ‘r Treat (2007), Hocus Pocus (1993), Beetlejuice (1988), The Cabin in the Woods (2012), The Sixth Sense (1999), It (2017/2019), The Addams Family (1991), Coraline (2009), The Witch (2015), Crimson Peak (2015) and The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
Which other name is halloween know as?
Halloween is known by various other names and has different cultural and regional associations around the world, including All Hallows’ Eve, Samhain, Día de los Muertos, All Saints’ Day, All Souls’ Day, Hallowmas, Dia das Bruxas, Festival of the Dead, Harvest Festival and Pangangaluluwa.