Milton Bradley’s 1988 party game Scattergories is a fun multiplayer word game. It encourages creative thinking and puts your vocabulary to the test. This is the game with no border limited, you can play with your remote teams or friends with free online Scattergories.
Look no further; This article offers a simple guide for beginners to learn how to play scattergories online with the top 6 most popular Scattergories online sites now. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Tips for Better Engagement
How to Play Online Scattergories?
Scattergories rules is simple and straightforward. Online scattergories rules is as follow:
- Ages: 12+
- Number of Players: 2–6 players or teams
- Preparation: a list of categories and a random letter, pens or pencils
- Objective: After three rounds, earn the most points by listing unique words for each category beginning with the chosen letter.
Here is how to setup an online Scattergories game with Zoom:
- Choosing a good online Scattergories site to go with.
- To begin playing Scattergories, divide the players into teams or groups of two or three. Each group will need a piece of paper to record their responses.
- Make a list of categories. As certain that each player is looking at the same list in their folder.
- Roll the die to determine the starting letter. Except for Q, U, V, X, Y, and Z, the standard 20-sided die contains every letter of the alphabet. Participants have 120 seconds to come up with a word for each category.
- When the timer goes off, the teams exchange papers and cross-check their answers.
- The team with the most valid words in each category receives a point (up to three points per round).
- For subsequent rounds, start with a different letter.
*Note that the team with the most points in 3 rounds at the end of the game is the winner.
What Are The Top 6 Online Scattergories?
Scattergories game are available in a variety of forms on the internet. You can access the website or download an app for free. This part lists the best free online Scattergories websites and apps.
ScattergoriesOnline.net is an free online Scattergories version with 40 supported languages. It is one of the most widely used websites by players worldwide, offering functionality and a wide selection of categories.
Aside from that, it has a tonne of unique characteristics and allows you to pick the number of players and rounds. Since the game gives all the singles robots to accompany them in the game, you can also play it alone online.
People can play online Scattergories by using StopotS’ web, Android, or iOS apps. You might be a little annoyed because this site contains ads, but of course because it’s free. Log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account to play the game. Furthermore, with anonymous play mode, it is simple and quick to begin the game. Create a room or be matched with others and start playing right away. With in-game chat, you can easily communicate with other players.
It has a very user-friendly interface with captivating gameplay mechanics. From entering answers to validating them, the game walks players through every step automatically.
Swellgarfo.com features an online scattergories generator that you can adjust by adding more lines and adjusting the time to make it easier or harder. In order for everyone to see the categories, the designated letter, and the timer in this game, one person will share their screen. Following the buzzer, each person will read what they wrote, with one point awarded for unique responses.
This site is free and has no ads with a simple, clean design interface. User can switch color of black or white. It’s especially paired with Zoom or the online meeting platform of your choice.
This gaming platform is specifically designed to help children improve their English, but it’s also a great place to play Scattergories online. To play with others, you’ll need to be on a Zoom call, just like Swellgarfo.
Select a single user to access this website and share their screen. The game will start when they click the “Choose a letter” button and set the timer. Everyone shares their responses when the allotted time has elapsed, and the score is kept as normal.
Scattergories by Mimic.inc
There’s also a free Scattergories app for mobile phone. Mimic Inc. developed an awesome Scattergories game that is easy to access and download from app stores. This game is updated frequently to ensure seamless gaming experience for players. It offers an impressive graphic design with an array of themed scattergorries. However, you can only play a certain number of free games per day. The game is limited to one-on-one play against friends who have the app.
You can use AhaSlides Spinner as an scattergories online letter generator. There are various in-built templates that you can use instantly to play scattergories online with friends. This app is easy to use, has quick navigation, inclusive functions, and integrates with Zoom and other virtual conference tools. You can also combine it with other features like live polls, Word Cloud, quizzes for free to make the game night more vibrant and engaging.
💡What are you still waiting for? Head over to AhaSlides now to experience the funniest online scattergories game ever! Combine with other gamification elements to create a meaningful competition among participants and get them a worthy reward.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way to play Scattergories online?
There are many ways to play virtual Scattergories. You can play online Scattergories on Zoom, or also play Scattergories online in websites, apps we recommend below like scattergoriesonline.net, or using scattergories online letter generators like AhaSlides.
Is Scattergories app multiplayer?
Scattergories on the internet is based on the classic game “Scattergories”. As a result, it works well in games that require two to six players. The goal of the game is to identify each item in a set of categories in a unique way within a predetermined time frame after you receive the first letter.
What are the rules for virtual Scattergories?
Although there are some variations in gameplay between versions, this is the general setup of Scattergories when played online:
1. Players enter either a private or public room.
2. The website or app presents players with a list of sorts and the first letter when the game starts.
3. Each individual has to come up with a word that starts with the first letter, fits in each category, and can be completed in the allotted time—typically two minutes. For illustration, let’s choose the first letter “C” and the category “Animals.” You could select “cheetah” or “cat.” You score a point in a category if no other player selects the same word!