Can you guess all Asian countries? How well do you know the countries that span the vast expanse of Asia? Now is your chance to find out! Our Asia Countries Quiz will challenge your knowledge and take you on a virtual adventure through this captivating continent.
From the iconic Great Wall of China to the pristine beaches of Thailand, the Asia Countries Quiz offers a treasure trove of cultural heritage, natural wonders, and captivating traditions.
Get ready for an exciting race through five rounds, ranging from easy to super hard, as you put your Asia expertise to the ultimate test.
So, let the challenge begin!
|How many Asia Countries are there?||51|
|How large is Asia continent?||45 million km²|
|What is the first asia country?||Iran|
|Which of the countries has the most landmass in Asia?||Russia|
Table of Contents
- #Round 1 – Asia Geography Quiz
- #Round 2 – Easy Asia Countries Quiz
- #Round 3 – Medium Asia Countries Quiz
- #Round 4 – Hard Asia Countries Quiz
- #Round 5 – Super Hard Asia Countries Quiz
- #Round 6 – South Asia Countries Quiz Questions
- #Round 7 – How Asian Are You Quiz Questions
- Key Takeaways
- Frequently Asked Questions
Tips for Better Engagement
#Round 1 – Asia Geography Quiz
1/ What is the longest river in Asia?
- Yangtze River
- Ganges River
- Mekong River
- Indus River
2/ India does not share physical boundaries with which of the following countries?
3/ Name the country located in the Himalayas.
4/ What is the largest lake in Asia by surface area?
Answer: Caspian Sea
5/ Asia is bounded by which ocean to the east?
- The Pacific Ocean
- The Indian Ocean
- The Arctic Ocean
6/ Where is the lowest place in Asia?
- Dead Sea
7/ Which sea is located between Southeast Asia and Australia?
Answer: Timor Sea
8/ Muscat is the capital of which of these countries?
9/ Which country is known as the “Land of the Thunder Dragon”?
10/ Which country is the smallest in terms of land area in Asia?
11/ Siam was the former name of which country?
12/ What is the largest desert by landmass in Asia?
- Gobi Desert
- Karakum Desert
- Taklamakan Desert
13/ Which of the following countries is not landlocked?
14/ Which country has Russia to the north and China to the south?
15/ Which country shares the longest continuous border with China?
#Round 2 – Easy Asia Countries Quiz
16/ What is the official language of Sri Lanka?
17/ What is the currency of Vietnam?
Answer: Vietnamese dong
18/ Which country is famous for its world-renowned K-pop music? Answer: South Korea
19/ Which is the predominant color on the national flag of Kyrgyzstan?
20/ What is the nickname for the four developed economies in East Asia, including Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, and Hong Kong?
- Four Asian Lions
- Four Asian Tigers
- Four Asian Elephants
21/ The Golden Triangle on the borders of Myanmar, Laos, and Thailand is mainly known for which illegal activity?
- Opium production
- Human smuggling
- Firearms selling
22/ With which country does Laos have a common eastern border?
23/ Tuk-tuk is a type of auto rickshaw that is widely used for urban transport in Thailand. Where does the name come from?
- The place where the vehicle was invented
- The sound of the engine
- The person who invented the vehicle
24/ Which is the capital of Azerbaijan?
25/ Which of the following is NOT a city in Japan?
#Round 3 – Medium Asia Countries Quiz
26/ Angkor Wat is a popular tourist destination in Cambodia. What is it?
- A church
- A temple complex
- A castle
27/ Which animals eat bamboo and can only be found in mountain forests in China?
28/ Which capital city would you find in the delta of the Red River?
Answer: Ha Noi
29/ Which ancient civilization is mainly associated with modern-day Iran?
- The Persian Empire
- The Byzantine Empire
- The Sumerians
30/ The motto of which country is ‘Truth Alone Triumphs’?
#Round 3 – Medium Asia Countries Quiz
31/ How could the majority of the land in Laos be described?
- Coastal plains
- Below sea level
32/ Kim Jong-un is the leader of which country?
Answer: North Korea
33/ Name the easternmost country on the Indochina peninsula.
Answer: Viet Nam
34/ The Mekong Delta is in which Asian country?
Answer: Viet Nam
35/ Which Asian city’s name means ‘between rivers’?
Answer: Ha Noi
36/ What is the national language and the lingua franca in Pakistan?
37/ Sake, the traditional wine of Japan, is made by fermenting which ingredient?
38/ Name the country with the world’s highest population.
39/ Which of the following fact is NOT true about Asia?
- It is the most populous continent
- It has the largest number of countries
- It is the biggest continent by landmass
40/ A mapping study determined in 2009 that the Great Wall of China was how long?
Answer: 5500 miles
#Round 4 – Hard Asia Countries Quiz
41/ What is the dominant religion in the Philippines?
42/ Which island was formerly called Formosa?
43/ Which country is known as the Land of the Rising Sun?
44/ The first country which recognized Bangladesh as a country was
- Soviet Union
45/ Which of the following country is NOT located in Asia?
- Sri Lanka
46/ In Japan, what is the Shinkansen? – Asia Countries Quiz
Answer: Bullet Train
47/ When was Burma separated from India?
49/ Which fruit, popular in parts of Asia, is notoriously malodorous?
50/ Air Asia is an airline owned by who?
Answer: Tony Fernandez
51/ Which tree is on the national flag of Lebanon?
52/ In which country can you enjoy Sichuan food?
53/ What is the name given to the stretch of water between China and Korea?
Answer: Yellow Sea
54/ Which country shares seas borders with Qatar and Iran?
Answer: United Arab Emirates
55/ Lee Kuan Yew is the founding father and also the first prime minister of which nation?
#Round 5 – Super Hard Asia Countries Quiz
56/ Which Asian country has the highest number of official languages?
57/ Which island was formerly called Ceylon?
Answer: Sri Lanka
58/ Which Asian country is the birthplace of Confucianism?
- South Korea
- Viet Nam
59/ The Ngultrum is the official currency of which country?
60/ Port Kelang was once known as:
Answer: Port Swettenham
61/ Which Asian area is the transit hub for one-third of crude oil and one-fifth of all seaborne trade in the world?
- Strait of Malacca
- Persian Gulf
- Taiwan Strait
62/ Which of the following countries does not share the land boundary with Myanmar?
63/ Where is Asia the wettest place in the world?
- Emei Shan, China
- Kukui, Taiwan
- Cherrapunji, India
- Mawsynram, India
64/ Socotra is the largest of which country’s island?
65/ Which of these is traditionally from Japan?
- Morris dancers
- Taiko drummers
- Guitar players
- Gamelan players
Top 15 South Asia Countries Quiz Questions
- Which South Asian country is known as the “Land of the Thunder Dragon”?Answer: Bhutan
- What is the capital city of India?Answer: New Delhi
- Which South Asian country is famous for its tea production, often referred to as “Ceylon tea”?Answer: Sri Lanka
- What is the national flower of Bangladesh?Answer: Water Lily (Shapla)
- Which South Asian country is located entirely within the boundaries of India?Answer: Nepal
- What is the currency of Pakistan?Answer: Pakistani Rupee
- Which South Asian country is known for its stunning beaches in places like Goa and Kerala?Answer: India
- What is the highest mountain in South Asia and the world, located in Nepal?Answer: Mount Everest
- Which South Asian country has the largest population in the region?Answer: India
- What is the national sport of Bhutan, often referred to as the “gentleman’s sport”?Answer: Archery
- Which South Asian island nation is famous for its picturesque beaches, including Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna?Answer: Sri Lanka
- What is the capital city of Afghanistan?Answer: Kabul
- Which South Asian country shares its borders with India, China, and Myanmar?Answer: Bangladesh
- What is the official language of the Maldives?Answer: Dhivehi
- Which South Asian country is known as the “Land of the Rising Sun”?Answer: Bhutan (not to be confused with Japan)
Top 17 How Asian Are You Quiz Questions
Creating an “How Asian Are You?” quiz can be fun, but it’s important to approach such quizzes with sensitivity, as Asia is a vast and diverse continent with various cultures and identities. Here are some light-hearted quiz questions that playfully explore aspects of Asian culture. Remember that this quiz is meant for entertainment and not for serious cultural assessment:
1. Food and Cuisine: a. Have you ever tried sushi or sashimi?
b. How do you feel about spicy food?
- Love it, the spicier, the better!
- I prefer milder flavors.
2. Celebrations and Festivals: a. Have you ever celebrated the Lunar New Year (Chinese New Year)?
- Yes, every year.
- No, not yet.
b. Do you enjoy watching or lighting fireworks during festivals?
- Fireworks aren’t my thing.
3. Pop Culture: a. Have you ever watched an anime series or read manga?
- Yes, I’m a fan.
- No, not interested.
b. Which of these Asian music groups do you recognize?
- I don’t recognize any.
4. Family and Respect: a. Have you been taught to address elders with specific titles or honorifics?
- Yes, it’s a sign of respect.
- No, it’s not part of my culture.
b. Do you celebrate family reunions or gatherings on special occasions?
- Yes, family is important.
- Not really.
5. Travel and Exploration: a. Have you ever visited an Asian country?
- Yes, multiple times.
- No, not yet.
b. Are you interested in exploring historical sites like the Great Wall of China or Angkor Wat?
- Absolutely, I love history!
- History isn’t my thing.
6. Languages: a. Can you speak or understand any Asian languages?
- Yes, I’m fluent.
- I know a few words.
b. Are you interested in learning a new Asian language?
- Not at the moment.
7. Traditional Attire: a. Have you ever worn traditional Asian clothing, such as a kimono or saree?
- Yes, on special occasions.
- No, I haven’t had the opportunity.
b. Do you appreciate the artistry and craftsmanship of traditional Asian textiles?
- Yes, they’re beautiful.
- I don’t pay much attention to textiles.
Participating in the Asia Countries Quiz promises an exciting and enriching journey. As you engage in this quiz, you will have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge about the diverse countries, capitals, iconic landmarks, and cultural aspects that define Asia. Not only will it expand your understanding, but it will also provide an enjoyable and wonderful experience that you won’t want to miss.
Rich History: Asia is home to ancient civilizations and has a long and diverse history.
Cultural Diversity: Asia boasts cultures, traditions, languages, and religions.
Natural Wonders: Asia is renowned for its stunning natural landscapes, including the Himalayas, the Gobi Desert, the Great Barrier Reef, Mount Everest, and many more.
Economic Powerhouses: Asia is home to some of the world's largest and fastest-growing economies, such as China, Japan, India, South Korea, and several Southeast Asian countries.
Technological Advancements: Asia is a hub for technological innovation and development, with countries such as Japan and South Korea.
Culinary Delights: Asian cuisine, is known for its diverse flavors and cooking styles, including sushi, curry, stir-fries, dumplings, etc.