What are fun questions to ask students? What are fun icebreaker questions to bond with students? There are many of you asking these questions to find a better way to grab students’ attention and increase students’ engagement in both classroom learning activities and other extracurricular activities.
If you find it hard to communicate with your students, you can read through these articles in a few minutes to find a better and more effective way to communicate with them.
Table of Contents
- 20 Check in Questions for Students
- 20 Fun Wacky Icebreaker Fun questions to ask students
- 20 Fun Get-to-know Questions to Ask Students
- 20 Virtual Learning related questions for students
- 15 Fun Questions to Ask Students about School Experience
- 20 Fun Icebreaker Questions for High School Students
- 20 Fun Questions to Ask Middle School Students
- 15 Fun Questions to Ask Your Principal
- Get Inspired with AhaSlides!
- Frequently Asked Questions
|What to remember when asking fun questions?||Keep it professional|
|How many fun questions should I ask per time?||1-2 only|
|Should I ask fun questions with a newbie?||No, let’s start fun questions from second class.|
More Icebreaker Tips with AhaSlides
20 Check in Questions for Students
Check out a few fun daily check in questions for students!
1. What makes you smile today?
2. Which emoji can describe your mood right now?
3. Do you go to bed late yesterday?
4. Do you read a book before bedtime?
5. Which song can describe your mood right now?
6. Do you do exercises in the morning?
7. Do you want to give your friend a hug?
8. What weird topic would you most like to research?
9. Which joke would you like to tell?
10. Do you help your parents by doing housework?
11. Pick a superpower you want most.
12. What do you use your superpowers for?
13. Pick a nemesis
14. Can you share a good action you did or others did in the past?
15. Which present you wanted to have?
16. What do you want to do now to make up for yesterday mistake?
17. Do you want to become famous?
18. Do you want to write a book?
19. What is the place where you feel most yourself?
20. What is on your bucket list and why?
Wacky Icebreaker – 20 Fun Questions to Ask students
Which one do you prefer?
21. Harry Potter or the Twilight light Saga?
22. Cat or dog?
23. Monday or Friday?
24. Morning bird or Night owl?
25. Falcon or Cheetah
26. Indoor activities or outdoor ones?
27. Online learning or in-person learning?
28. Drawing or playing an instrument?
29. Playing a sport or reading a book
30. Superhero or villain?
31. Speak out or write out?
32. Chocolate or vanilla?
33. Listen to music while you work or rather work in silence?
34. Work alone or work in a group?
35. Instagram or Facebook?
36. Youtube or TikTok?
37. iPhone or Samsung?
38. Notebook or Ipad?
39. Go to the beach or hiking?
40. Tent camping or hotel stay?
Get-to-know – 20 Fun Questions to Ask Students
41. Do you know any other languages?
42. What is your favourite family tradition?
43. Do you like to go to KTV, and which song will you pick first?
44. Which kind of music do you like?
45. What is your favourite pet and why?
46. What is the most challenging part of school for you?
47. What is the best school assignment you’ve ever had?
48. What is the most challenging assignment you’ve ever had?
49. Do you like field trips?
50. Are you tech-savvy?
51. Are you addicted to social networks?
52. Are you obsessed with how others judge you online?
53. What is your favourite book?
54. Do you like reading printed newspapers or online newspapers?
55. Do you like cultural exchange trips?
56. Which is your dream graduate trip?
57. What do you do in the future?
58. How long do you spend playing games on average?
59. What do you do at the weekend?
60. What is your favorite quote and why?
Tips: Questions to ask students to get to know them
20 Virtual Learning related – Fun Questions for Students
61. What is your favourite used emoji?
62. Do you encounter complex problems during online learning?
63. Do you want to turn on or turn off the camera during virtual learning?
64. What is your most used writing assistant tool?
65. How important is face-to-face communication for you while learning remotely?
66. Do you like online quizzes?
67. Do you think online exams may bring unfair?
68. How much do you know about AI?
69. What is your favourite subject in distance learning?
70. Do you think virtual learning should replace traditional classrooms forever?
71. What is the best part of virtual learning?
72. What are the drawbacks of virtual learning?
73. What’s your secret to preparing for a quiz or test?
74. What bothers you while you are learning remotely?
75. Which subject doesn’t suitable to learn online?
76. Do you want to buy an online course?
77. To what extent do online courses help improve your knowledge?
78. Do you have an online or remote job?
79. What is your favourite Zoom background?
80. Which online meeting platform you like to recommend?
15 Fun Questions to Ask Students About School Experience
81. How often do you talk to your classmates?
82. How eager are you to participate in your classes?
83. What are the most engaging activities that happen in this class?
84. What is the most straightforward subject in school?
85. Do you like off-campus activities/
86. What is your plan for winter vacation and summer vacation?
87. If you didn’t finish your homework, what’s most likely the reason?
88. What’s one thing from primary school you wish they still did in high school?
89. What is one thing your teacher can do to get to know you better?
90. Do you want to help your friend they are in a bad situation?
91. Do you want to learn more than two languages in school?
92. Have you ever used the assignment assistant platform?
93. What advice would you give someone about the grade you just finished?
94. What is the most practical subject that you want to learn that school doesn’t have?
95. What country and why do you want to study abroad?
20 Fun Icebreaker Questions for High School Students
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- What is your favourite hobby or activity outside of school?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
- What is your favourite movie or TV show, and why do you like it?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you?
- What is your favourite type of music, and do you play any instruments?
- If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be, and what would you ask them?
- What is one thing you’re good at or proud of?
- If you could live in a different period, which one would you choose and why?
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done or would like to do?
- If you could meet any celebrity or famous person, who would it be and why?
- What is your favourite book or author, and why do you enjoy reading?
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose and why?
- What is your dream job or career, and why does it appeal to you?
- If you could have a magical ability, such as talking to animals or teleportation, which would you choose and why?
- What is your favourite food or cuisine?
- If you could learn any new skill or talent instantly, what would you choose and why?
- What is one interesting or unique fact about yourself that most people don’t know?
- If you could invent something, what would it be, and how would it improve people’s lives?
- What is one goal or aspiration you have for the future?
20 Fun Questions to Ask Middle School Students
Here are some fun questions you can ask middle school students:
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
- What is your favorite subject in school and why?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could be any animal for a day, which animal would you choose and why?
- What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you at school?
- If you could trade places with a fictional character for a day, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite thing to do during your free time or on weekends?
- If you could have any talent or skill instantly, what would you choose?
- What is the best field trip you’ve ever been on and why did you enjoy it?
- If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- If you could create your own holiday, what would it be called and how would you celebrate it?
- What is your favorite book or series, and why do you like it?
- If you could have a robot that could do any task for you, what would you want it to do?
- What is the most interesting or unusual thing you’ve learned recently?
- If you could have a famous person come to your school for a day, who would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite sport or physical activity, and why do you enjoy it?
- If you could invent a new flavor of ice cream, what would it be and what ingredients would it have?
- What features or changes would you include if you could design your dream school?
- What is the most challenging thing you’ve faced at school and how did you overcome it?
- If you could converse with any historical figure, who would it be and what would you ask them?
15 Fun Questions to Ask Your Principal
Here are some fun questions you could ask your principal:
- What career would you have chosen if you weren’t a principal?
- What is the most memorable or funny moment you’ve experienced as a principal?
- If you could return to your high school days, what advice would you give your teenage self?
- Have you ever had a funny or embarrassing moment during a school assembly or event?
- If you could trade places with a student for a day, which grade would you choose and why?
- What is the most unusual or exciting punishment you’ve had to give a student?
- What was your favorite subject or class in high school, and why?
- If you could create a school-wide theme day, what would it be, and how would everyone participate?
- What is the funniest excuse a student has given you for not completing their homework?
- If you could organize and participate in a talent show, what talent or act would you showcase?
- What is the best prank a student has ever pulled on you or another staff member?
- If you could have a “Principal for a Day” event, where students could take on your role, what would be their main responsibilities?
- What is the most exciting or unique hidden talent you have?
- If you could choose any fictional character as your assistant principal, who would you pick and why?
- If you had a time machine and could visit any point in history to witness a school-related event, which one would you choose?
Be Inspired with AhaSlides | Fun Questions to Ask Students
Fun Questions to Ask Students? Communication is the best key to understanding your students, whether is face-to-face or remote class. How to ask students appropriately need a bit of effort. However, you can start with fun, wacky questions to make them feel less pressured to answer and free to share their deepest thoughts.
Now that you have nearly 100 helpful, fun questions to ask students, it is high time to make your classroom lessons and online classes become more attractive and practical. AhaSlides can help teachers to solve their problems most affordably and quickly.