Get to Know You Games are undeniably tools for breaking the ice, removing barriers, and promoting harmony and a sense of togetherness between people, whether members of a small team, a large organization, or even a class.
The two most common types of getting-to-know-you games are Q&A get-to-know-me questions and icebreaker activities. They work very well for participants who do not know each other or to warm up a room for people who are already familiar.
They get people talking, create laughter, and help participants discover other sides of the people around them. Moreover, they never go out of style and are easy to practice anytime, anywhere including in virtual workplaces and virtual parties.
And now let’s explore with AhaSlides the 40+ unexpected get to know you questions and icebreaker activities.
Table of Contents
Tips for Better Engagement
Get To Know You Games – Q&A Questions
Q&A Questions – Get to know you games for Adults
A collection of “adult-only” questions with many levels from humorous to private to even weird.
- Tell us about your most embarrassing memory as a child.
- What’s the most horrible date you’ve ever been on?
- Who in your life most makes you feel a sense of home?
- How many times have you broken your promise? Do you regret those broken promises, and why?
- Where do you want to see yourself in 10 years?
- What do you think about falling in love with your best friend?
- Who is your celebrity crush? Or your favorite actor or actress
- What’s your most hated household chore? And why?
- What do you think about time travel machines? If given the opportunity, would you like to use it?
- What do you think about cheating in love? If it happened to you, would you forgive it?
- If you were invisible for a day, what would you do and why?
- What is your favorite reality TV show? And why?
- If you could star in a movie, which movie would you choose?
- What song can you listen to for a month?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- How old were you when you found out Santa wasn’t real? And how did you feel then?
Q&A Questions – Get to know you Games for Teens
You also can use this Get to know games for small groups and a group teens, is always a challenge whether it’s the first day of school, a new sports team, or a summer camp.
Here’s a list of get-to-know games for teen questions that you can use in any situation.
- Which celebrity would you like to be and why?
- Who is your favorite singer? What’s your favorite song by that person? And why?
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- Have you ever lied to your parents? And why?
- What’s your favorite fast-food chain?
- Do you prefer Instagram reels or Tiktok?
- What is your opinion on plastic surgery? Have you ever thought about changing something in your body?
- What is your fashion style?
- Who is your favorite teacher in the school and why?
- What is your favorite book to read?
- Have you done any crazy stuff while on holiday?
- Who is the most intelligent person you know?
- What was your least favorite subject in High School?
- If you inherited $500,000 right now, how would you spend it?
- If you had to give up your smartphone or laptop in your life, what would you choose?
- What annoys you most?
- What makes you proud of your family?
Q&A Questions – Get to know you games for Work
Get-to-know-you questions are the best questions to ask to learn a little more about your co-workers and allow for an open conversation and understanding them on a deeper level in a personal way.
- What’s the best career advice you have ever heard?
- What’s the worst career advice you have ever heard?
- What makes you proud of your job?
- What do you think makes someone a “good colleague”?
- What was the biggest mistake you made at work? And how did you handle it?
- If you could work remotely in the world, where would it be?
- How many different jobs you have had in your life?
- What is the first step you take in trying to achieve a new goal?
- What is your favorite thing about your career?
- Would you rather have $3,000,000 right now or an IQ of 145+?
- List 3 qualities you think would make a good boss.
- Describe yourself in three words.
- When was the last time you broke down because of work pressure?
- If you weren’t in your current job, what would you do?
- Is your current job your dream job?
- How will you resolve conflicts with your boss?
- Who or what inspires you in your career?
- Three things you want to complain about at your job?
- Are you more of a “work to live” or a “live to work” type of person?
Icebreaker Activities – Get To Know You Games
These are the few best get to know you questions games!
Would You Rather
One of the most popular and useful in get to you games is 100+ would you rather questions. With these questions, you’ll quickly know what kind of person a coworker or new friend is, a cat or dog person based on the answers. For example, Would you rather be silent for the rest of your life or have to sing your every word?
This is a game that brings a lot of laughter, tension, and a bit of suspense. And it requires communication and teamwork skills. Players take turns removing wooden blocks from a stack of bricks. The loser is the player whose action causes the tower to fall.
This game requires each person to prepare a picture of themselves as a “baby” and let the others guess who is who. It will surprise everyone and feel extremely interesting.
Truth or Dare
It is a great opportunity to discover a new side of your colleagues. The rules of the game are very simple. Players need to choose to tell the truth or take the challenge.
Here are some best truth questions:
- When was the last time you lied to your boss?
- Have you ever been publicly humiliated? Explain what happened.
- Who would you agree to a date among all the people in the room?
- What are the things you are self-conscious about?
- What was the last thing you searched for on Google?
- Who do you like the least in this team, and why?
Here are some best dare questions:
- Say something dirty to the person next to you.
- Show the most embarrassing photo on your phone.
- Eat a tablespoon of salt or olive oil.
- Dance without music for two minutes.
- Make every person in the group laugh.
- Act like an animal.
The Human Knot is a casual icebreaker for students who are new to learning how to be together in physical closeness. Participants need to hold hands and tangle themselves into a knot, then work together to untie without letting go of each other.
Icebreaker Activities – Get To Know You Games Online
What is True or False Quiz?
An enjoyable game to play with our True or False Quiz: +40 Questions. The game’s rules are that you will be given a question in the ‘question’ section, which can be answered with either true or false. Then the ‘answer’ will indicate whether the fact is true or false.
What is Bingo?
Few games have simple rules like bingo. All you have to do is listen to the person calling the numbers out and scratch or mark them off your card if you hear yours. Easy, right? Use AhaSlides Number Wheel Generator to have a bingo night even if your friends are on the other side of the globe.
What is Two truths and one lie?
This classic get-to-know-you game can be played as a whole team or in small groups. Each people came up with three statements about themselves. Two sentences must be true and one sentence false. The team will have to see what is true and what is a lie.
What is Pictionary on Zoom?
The Pictionary game is a great way to play face-to-face, but what if you want to play an online drawing game with your friends, family, or co-workers? Fortunately, there is a way to play Pictionary on Zoom for free!
AhaSlides hope you have found some quizzes and fun get to know you games in your next session! Check out our blog and templates to start more games with better outcomes!