How often do you play Two Truths and A Lie? What are the reasons for being fond of Two Truths and A Lie? Check out the best 50+ ideas for 2 truths and a lie in 2023!
If you think Two Truths and A Lie is just for family and friend gatherings, that seems not genuine. It is also the best game in company events as an innovative and noble way to strengthen colleagues’ relationships and improve team spirit and effectiveness.
Let’s dig into this article if you still doubt how Two Truths and A lie is the best game to get to know others amusingly.
Table of Contents
|How many people can play two truths and a lie?||From 2 people|
|When was two truths and a lie created?||August, 2000|
|Where was two truths and a lie invented?||Actors Theatre of Louisville, USA|
|When was the first lie?||Devil who lied by adding to the Word of God, in the Bible|
Tips for Better Engagement
Gain Better Engagement during your Icebreaker Sessions.
Instead of a boring gathering, let's start a funny two truths and a lie quiz. Sign up for free and take what you want from the template library!
🚀 To the clouds ☁️
What are Two Truths and A Lie about?
Classic Two Truths and A Lie aim to get to know one another in a friendly and relaxing way.
People gather all together and share three statements about themself. However, two words are true, and the rest a lie. Other players are responsible for discovering what is untrue in a limited time.
To make it fair, other players can ask the person to answer additional questions to find more helpful clues. The game continues as everyone has at least one chance to engage. You can record the points each time to see who gets the highest points.
Hints: Make sure what you say doesn’t make others feel uncomfortable.
Variations of Two Truths and A Lie
For a time, people played Two Truths and A Lie in different styles and continually refreshed it. There are many creative ways to play the game with all ranges of ages, without losing its spirit. Here are some ideas so popular nowadays:
- Two Lies and a Truth: This version is the opposite of the original game, as players share two false statements and one true statement. The goal is for other players to identify the actual statement.
- Five Truths and a Lie: It is a level-up of the classic game as you have options to consider.
- Who Said That?: In this version, players write down three statements about themselves, mixed up and read them aloud by someone else. The group has to guess who wrote each set of ideas.
- Celebrity Edition: Instead of sharing their profile, players would make up two facts about a celebrity and a piece of unreal information to make the party more thrilling. Other players have to identify the wrong one.
- Storytelling: The game focuses on sharing three stories, two of which are true, and one is wrong. The group has to guess which story is the lie.
When is the best time to play Two Truths and A Lie
There is no such perfect time to play the game, have fun with it when you and your friend are ready to accept others. If you love sharing your story, you can host a truly memorable Two Truths and A Lie. Here are some suggestions to add the game to your events.
- An Icebreaker to kick off the event: Playing Two Truths and a Lie can help break the ice and help people get to know each other better and quicker, especially for introductory meetings, when team members are new to each other.
- During team-building activities: Two Truths and a Lie can be a fun and excellent way to get team members to show and share personal information, which can build trust and improve communication among team members.
- At a party or social gathering: Two Truths and a Lie can be a joyful party game that can get everyone relaxing and laughing and help people learn exciting facts about each other.
How to play Two Truths and A Lie?
There are two ways to play Two Truths and A Lie
Face-to-Face Two Truths and A Lie
Step 1: Gather participants and sit close.
Step 2: One person starts to randomly tell two facts and a lie, and waits for others to guess.
Step 3: The player reveals his answer after all people finish guessing
Step 4: The game continues, and the turn is passed to the next player. Mark the point for each round
Virtual Two Truths and A Lie with AhaSlides
Step 1: Open your virtual conference platform after people all join, then introduce the rule of the game
Step 2: Open the AhaSlides template and ask people to join.
Each participant has to write down three statements about themselves on the slides. By choosing the multiple-choice question type in the Type section and sharing the link.
Step 3: The players vote on which one they believe is the lie, and the answer will be revealed immediately. Your scores will be recorded in the leaderboard.
50++ Ideas to play Two Truths and A Lie
Truths and Lies about achievement and experiences
1. I went to Btuan as a high school student
2. I have got a scholarship to exchange in Europe
3. I am used to living in Brazil for 6 months
4. I went abroad on my own when I was 16
5. I lost all of my money when I am on a travel
5. I went to prom wearing a designer dress worth over $1500
6. I went to the White House three times
7. I met Taylor Swift while having dinner in the same restaurant
8. I was a class leader when I was in elementary school
9. I grew up on an island
10. I was born in Paris
Truths and Lies about habits
11. I went to Gyms twice a week
12. I read Les Misérables three times
13. I used to wake up at 6 o’clock to do exercises
14. I used to be fatter than at present
15. I wear nothing to sleep better at night
16. I used to drink orange juice all the day
17. I clean my teeth four times a day
18. I used to get drunk to forget everything after waking up
19. I wore the same jacket every day in middle school
20. I can play the violin
Truths and Lies about the hobby and personality
21. I am afraid of dogs
22. I love eating ice cream
23. I write poetry
24. I speak four languages
25. I wouldn’t say I like chili
26. I am allergic to milk
27. I wouldn’t say I like perfume
28. My sister is a vegetarian
29. I have my driver’s license
30. I have been swimming with porpoises
Truths and Lies about ownership and relationship
31. One of my cousins is a movie star
32. My mother is from another country
33. I’ve got a new dress that costs 1000 USD
34. My dad is a secret agent
35. I am a twin
36. I don’t have a brother
37. I am an only child
38. I have never been in a relationship
39. I don’t drink
40. I have got a snake as my pet
Truths and Lies about Weirdness and Randomness
41. I have visited 13 foreign countries
42. I have won a contest of any kind
43. I always use a fake name at restaurants
44. I used to be a cab driver
45. I’m allergic to strawberries
46. I learned to play the guitar
47. I can mimic various cartoon characters
48. I am not superstitious
49. I never have seen any episode of Harry Potter
50. I have a stamp collection
The Bottom Line
If you are a Two Truths and A Lie lover, don’t miss the chance to host this game with your remote team. For other kinds of fun, and activities, AhaSlides is also an ideal online tool that supports you in having the best event ever. You can freely customize your favourite games anytime, the most saving way.