Looking for a list of this or that questions, to make your conversations more enjoyable than ever? As well as needing questions to remove the embarrassment and turns people “from strangers to friends”? Come to our list of 165+ best this or that questions.
These questions can be both profound and funny, even silly, so that family and friends, from adults to children, can all participate in answering them. This list can be used at any party, on occasions like Christmas, or New Year, or simply on a weekend you want to warm up!
Check out more fun games for this holiday with AhaSlides Spinner Wheel
More Funs with AhaSlides
Table of Contents
- The 21 Best This or That Questions
- Funny This or That Questions
- Deep This or That Questions
- This or That Questions for Adults
- This or That Questions for Kids
- This or That Questions for Friends
- This or That Questions for Couples
- Sexy This or That Questions
- This or That Questions for Work
- This or That Food Questions
- Holiday This or That Questions
- Key Takeaways
21 Best This or That Questions
- Latte or Mocha?
- Go forward in time or Go back in time?
- TV shows or Movies?
- Friends or Modern Family?
- Chrismas Music Quiz or Christmas Movie Quiz?
- Marriage or career?
- Meet your favorite author or Meet your favorite artist?
- Have a life-changing adventure or Be able to stop time?
- Safety or opportunity?
- Lose sleep or skip a meal?
- Happy endings or sad endings?
- Movie night or date night?
- Regret or doubt?
- Instagram or TikTok?
- Big art or gallery wall?
- Netflix or Hulu?
- Beach-side resort or hill-side cottage?
- Pancakes or waffles?
- Beer or wine?
- Reading or writing?
- Living room or bedroom?
Looking for a better engagement with your community?
Add more funs with best live poll, quizzes and games, all available on AhaSlides presentations, ready to share with your crowd!
🚀 Sign Up for Free☁️
Funny This or That Questions
- Be feared by all or Loved by all?
- Lose your passport or Smartphone?
- Smell like onions or Garlic?
- No company or Bad company?
- Rachel Green or Monica Geller?
- A dirty bathroom or Dirty kitchen?
- Keep a secret or Tell a secret?
- Poor and happy or Rich and miserable?
- Never play video games again or Never use your favorite mobile app again?
- Speak to animals or Speak 10 foreign languages?
- Never get angry or Never be envious?
- Never be stuck in traffic again or Never get another cold?
- Simpsons or Family Guy?
- More time or More money?
- Have your heart broken or Be the heartbreaker?
Deep This or That Questions
- Be funny or Good looking?
- Be intellectual or Athletic?
- Logic or emotion?
- Be good with animals or Good with children?
- Be the “fix it” person or Be everyone’s shoulder to cry on?
- Overly optimistic or overly pessimistic?
- False hope or Unnecessary anxiety?
- Underestimated or Overestimated?
- Free travel for one year or Free lodging for five years?
- A second chance at love or a Second chance for your career?
- Be better at writing or Better at speaking?
- Follow your dreams or follow your partner?
- Mariah Carey or Michael Bublé?
- Clean a litter box or walk a dog?
- Be able to fly or read minds?
This or That Questions for Adults
- Laundry or Dishes?
- Have 10 children or no children?
- Live in a big city or a small town?
- Cheat or be cheated on?
- Be 4 years old your entire life or be 90 years old your entire life?
- Lose all of your friends but win the lottery or keep your friends but don’t get a raise for the rest of your life?
- Give up your favorite food or give up sex?
- Have no taste or be colorblind?
- Yoga pants or jeans?
- Die before your spouse or after?
- Be bored or busy?
- Live without movies or live without music?
- Read a book or watch a movie?
- Have your salary come in on the first day of the month or the last day of the month?
- Be a vegetarian or only be able to eat meat?
This or That Questions for Kids
- Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift?
- Video games or board games?
- Halloween or Christmas?
- Never have to brush your teeth again or take a bath or shower again?
- Lick the bottom of your shoe or eat your boogers?
- Go to the doctor or the dentist?
- Never go to school or never have to do chores for the rest of your life?
- Turn into your mom or your dad for one day if you could only choose one?
- Live on Mars or on Jupiter?
- Be the best player on a losing team or the worst player on a winning team?
- Be all alone in the desert or in the jungle?
- Be a wizard or a superhero?
- Brush your teeth with soap or drink sour milk?
- Surf in the ocean with a bunch of sharks or surf with a bunch of jellyfish?
- 10. Would you rather be super strong or super fast?
This or That Questions for Friends
- Be reborn into the past or the future?
- Eat dinner alone for a year or have to take showers at a public gym for a year?
- Get stranded in Antarctica or the desert?
- Give up brushing your teeth or brushing your hair?
- Never age physically or never age mentally?
- Be able to play every musical instrument or master every type of sport?
- Marry the person of your dreams or have the job of your dreams?
- Fart out loud during a presentation or snort while laughing on a great first date?
- Drown to death burned to death?
- Give up cursing forever or give up drinking wine for 10 years?
- Find true love today or win the lottery next year?
- Lose your sight or your memories?
- Spend a year at war or a year in prison?
- Have a third nipple or an extra toe?
- Give up your cell phone for a month or bathing for a month?
This or That Questions for Couples
- Have a public or private proposal?
- Resolve a conflict or end the argument unresolved before bed?
- Be in a bad relationship or alone for the rest of your life?
- Live with your partner’s parents or siblings?
- Go out on a double date or have a romantic dinner for two at home?
- Have your browsing history checked or your text messages?
- Earn more money than your partner or have them earn more than you?
- Get a terrible gift on your anniversary or no gift at all?
- Get matching tattoos or piercings?
- Go on a date with your ex or go on a blind date?
- Have a happy marriage for 10 years and then die or have a miserable marriage for 30?
- Be kissed or hugged every day?
- Have a partner who can’t dance or can’t cook?
- Take long walks together or take long drives together?
- Know how you are going to die or how your partner is going to die?
Sexy This or That Questions
- be single forever or date someone with no interest in sex?
- Go to bed alone forever or share a bed with someone forever?
- Give one presentation naked or never see your partner naked again?
- Have a sexy playlist with only Lady Gaga on it or only Elvis Presley?
- Kiss a coworker or friend?
- Kiss your ex or your mortal enemy?
- Have the best sex of your life once or mediocre sex every day?
- Have a one-night stand with Harry Styles or Miley Cyrus?
- Eat sushi or ice cream off someone’s body?
- Marry your high-school sweetheart or your college hookup?
(Try +75 Couples Quiz Questions with different levels so that the two of you can dig deeper and understand each other better)
This or That Questions for Work
- Live a regular boring life or that something unexplainable happens to you every day?
- Have a job where you don’t write at all or a job where you write all the time?
- Sit in a loud part of the office or a quiet part?
- Have a great job or be a great boss
- Work on a big team or just with one other person?
- Work an extra hour but get an hour of break time or work with no breaks but leave an hour earlier?
- Being the best at a terrible job or being the worst at your dream job?
- A very stressful job but have a lot of responsibility or have a minimally stressful job but with little responsibility?
- A great boss but a terrible human being or a bad boss but a great human being?
- Be the oldest person in the office or the youngest?
- Get the good news first or the bad news first?
- Have dinner with your team or lunch?
- Team building online or in person?
- Use only a pencil or only a pen?
- Work for a startup or a corporation?
This or That Food Questions
- Ice cream cake or Cheesecake?
- Korea Food or Japan Food?
- Eat Christmas dinner on a really hot day or Only eat ice cream at Christmas?
- Give up bread or give up cheese
- chips were hot and rock hard or chips were cold and soft
- Triscuits or water crackers?
- Lays or Ruffles
- Veggie sticks or kale chips?
- Ice cream sandwich or a Snickers ice cream bar?
- Melt cheese on tortilla chips or have sliced cheese on crackers?
- Give up baked goods forever or give up ice cream forever?
- Eat blue tortilla chips or yellow tortilla chips
- A granola bar or a candy bar?
- Give up sugar for life or give up salt for life?
- Cracker with Nutella or a cracker with peanut butter?
Holiday This or That Questions
- Have a Christmas vacation or a summer vacation?
- Be one of Santa’s elves or be one of Santa’s reindeer?
- Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
- Eat Thanksgiving food every day or never again?
- Eat cookies or candy canes?
- Have Christmas Eve at your house or someone else’s house?
- Shovel the snow in the driveway or mow the lawn?
- Have a snow day or get double pay?
- Be best friends with Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer?
- Sing carols during the holidays or read your favorite book on vacation?
- Receive one big gift worth $1000 or 100 smaller gifts worth $1000?
- Listen to Jingle Bells on repeat or Frosty the Snowman?
- Make toys all year long or play with toys all year long?
- Eat a gingerbread house or live in a gingerbread house?
- Smell like a pine tree or smell like a cinnamon stick?
Other Questions about This or That Questions?
What are This or That questions?
This or those questions are questions that are used to break the ice or explore the funnier and deeper aspects of the people around you. Each question will only provide 2 choices and the player will have to choose one of them.
How do you ask This or That Questions?
This or that questions can be used on so many occasions:
- Game night
- Virtual Team building
- Icebreakers game at meetings
- Couple conversation
- Family Gathering
Rules of Asking This or That Questions?
- Number of players: 2 – 10 people. Everyone sits in a circle and each person answers the question continuously.
- Time limit: Set a Quiz Timer for answers (5 – 10 seconds) for each person to answer the question. If this time is exceeded, they will have to make a dare.
Hope list best 165+ this or that questions will lighten up your holiday with laughter, joy, and memorable moments! Enjoy this happy time with your dear family!