One of the most interesting and challenging puzzles is the geography quiz. Get ready to use your brain at full capacity with our geography questions spanning many countries and divided into levels: easy, medium, and hard geography quiz questions. In addition, this quiz also tests your knowledge of landmarks, capitals, oceans, cities, rivers, and more.
Are you ready? Let’s see how well you know this world!
Check out AhaSlides Spinner Wheel to be inspired for your Upcoming Holiday Season!
Round 1: Easy Geography Quiz Questions
- What are the names of the five oceans of the world? Answer: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and the Antarctic
- What is the name of the river that flows through the Brazil rainforest? Answer: The Amazon
- Which country is also called The Netherlands? Answer: Holland
- What is the coldest place on Earth? Answer: The Eastern Antarctic Plateau
- What is the largest desert in the world? Answer: Antarctic Desert
- How many large islands makeup Hawaii? Answer: Eight
- What country has the largest population in the world? Answer: China
- Where is the largest volcano on Earth located? Answer: Hawaii
- What is the world’s largest island? Answer: Greenland
- In which U.S. state is Niagara Falls located? Answer: New York
- What is the name of the highest uninterrupted waterfall in the world? Answer: Angel Falls
- What is the longest river in the UK? Answer: River Severn
- What is the name of the largest river to flow through Paris? Answer: The Seine
- What is the name of the smallest country in the world? Answer: The Vatican City
- In which country would you find the city of Dresden? Answer: Germany
Round 2: Medium Geography Quiz Questions
- What is the capital of Canada? Answer: Ottawa
- What country has the most natural lakes? Answer: Canada
- What African country has the largest population? Answer: Nigeria (190 million)
- How many time zones does Australia have? Answer: Three
- What is the official currency of India? Answer: Indian rupee
- What is the name of the longest river in Africa? Answer: The Nile River
- What is the name of the largest country in the world? Answer: Russia
- What country are the Great Pyramids of Giza located in? Answer: Egypt
- What country lies above Mexico? Answer: The United States of America
- How many States does the United States consist of? Answer: 50
- What is the only country that borders the United Kingdom? Answer: Ireland
- In which U.S. state can the world’s tallest trees be found? Answer: California
- How many countries still have shilling as currency? Answer: Four – Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Somalia
- What is the largest U.S. state by area? Answer: Alaska
- How many states does the Mississippi River run through? Answer: 31
Round 3: Hard Geography Quiz Questions
- What is the name of the tallest mountain in Canada? Answer: Mount Logan
- What is the largest capital city in North America? Answer: Mexico City
- What is the world’s shortest river? Answer: Roe River
- To what country do the Canary Islands belong? Answer: Spain
- What two countries border directly north of Hungary? Answer: Slovakia and Ukraine
- What is the name of the second-tallest mountain in the world? Answer: K2
- The world’s first national park was established in 1872 in which country? A bonus point for the name of the park… Answer: USA, Yellowstone
- Which city is the world’s most densely populated? Answer: Manila, Philippines
- What is the name of the only sea that doesn’t have a coastline? Answer: Sargasso Sea
- What is the highest man-made structure ever built? Answer: Burj Khalifa in Dubai
- Which lake has a famous mythical creature named after it? Answer: Loch Ness
- What country is home to Mount Everest? Answer: Nepal
- What was the original capital of the U.S.? Answer: New York City
- What is the state capital of New York? Answer: Albany
- Which is the only state with a one-syllable name? Answer: Maine
Round 4: Landmarks Geography Quiz Questions
- What is the name of the rectangular park in New York that is a famous landmark? Answer: Central Park
- What iconic bridge is located next to the Tower of London? Answer: Tower Bridge
- The Nazca Lines are in which country? Answer: Peru
- What is the name of the Benedictine Monastery in Normandy, built in the 8th century and sits in a bay of the same name? Answer: Mont Saint-Michel
- The Bund is a landmark in which city? Answer: Shanghai
- The Great Sphinx sits guard over what other famous landmarks? Answer: The Pyramids
- In what country would you find the Wadi Rum? Answer: Jordan
- A famous suburb in Los Angeles, what is the name of the giant sign that spells out this area? Answer: Hollywood
- La Sagrada Familia is a famous landmark of Spain. In which city is it located? Answer: Barcelona
- What is the name of the castle that inspired Walt Disney to create Cinderella’s Castle in the 1950 movie? Answer: Neuschwanstein Castle
- The Matterhorn is a famous landmark located in which country? Answer: Switzerland
- In which landmark would you find the Mona Lisa? Answer: La Louvre
- Pulpit Rock is an amazing sight, above the Fjords of which country? Answer: Norway
- Gulfoss is the most famous landmark and waterfall in which country? Answer: Iceland
- Which German landmark was pulled down, to scenes of mass celebration, in November 1991? Answer: The Berlin Wall
Round 5: World Capitals and Cities Geography Quiz Questions
- What is the capital of Australia? Answer: Canberra
- Baku is the capital of what country? Answer: Azerbaijan
- If I’m looking at the Trevi Fountain, which capital city am I in? Answer: Rome, Italy
- WAW is the airport code for the airport in which capital city? Answer: Warsaw, Poland
- If I’m visiting the capital of Belarus, which city am I in? Answer: Minsk
- The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque is found in which capital city? Answer: Muscat, Oman
- Camden and Brixton are areas of which capital? Answer: London, England
- Which capital city appears in the title of a 2014 film, starring Ralph Fiennes and directed by Wes Anderson? Answer: The Grand Budapest Hotel
- What is the capital of Cambodia? Answer: Phnom Penh
- Which of these is the capital of Costa Rica: San Cristobel, San Jose, or San Sebastien? Answer: San Jose
- Vaduz is the capital of which country? Answer: Liechtenstein
- What is the capital of India? Answer: New Delhi
- What is the capital city of Togo? Answer: Lomé
- What is the capital city of New Zealand? Answer: Wellington
- What is the capital of South Korea? Answer: Seoul
Round 6: Oceans Geography Quiz Questions
- How much of the Earth’s surface is covered by the ocean? Answer: 71%
- How many oceans does the Equator run through? Answer: 3 oceans – the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Indian Ocean!
- Which ocean does the Amazon River run into? Answer: The Atlantic Ocean
- True or false, more than 70% of the countries in Africa border the sea? Answer: True. Only 16 out of Africa’s 55 countries are landlocked, meaning 71% of countries border the sea!
- True or false, the longest mountain range in the world is under the ocean? Answer: True. The Mid-Oceanic Ridge stretches all across the ocean floor along tectonic plate boundaries, reaching roughly 65 thousand km in length.
- As a percentage, how much of our oceans have been explored? Answer: Only 5% of our oceans have been explored.
- How long is an average flight across the Atlantic Ocean, from London to New York? Answer: Almost 8 hours on average.
- True or false, the Pacific Ocean is bigger than the moon? Answer: True. At roughly 63.8 million square miles, the Pacific Ocean is roughly 4 times as large as the moon in surface area.
Hopefully, with the list of 80+ geography quiz questions of AhaSlides, you and your friends who share the same passion for geography had a game night full of laughter and moments of fierce competition.
Don’t remember to check out free interactive quizzing software to see what’s possible in your quiz!
Or, start a journey with AhaSlides Public Template Library!