Pub quizzes are no less than a worldwide institution. Beloved by all, but speaking from personal experience, an absolute pain in the backside to arrange.
That’s why we’re pouring out the trivia for you. Every week in our AhaSlides on Tap series we’re giving you 40 pub quiz questions and answers, all in one concise delivery, straight to your cellar hatch.
Here’s week 5. This round’s on us.
Let’s Get Quizzical…
What’s this Free Download?
What if we told you that you could get all 40 pub quiz questions and answers, and the means to host your quiz, instantly?
We’re talking about the future of pub quizzes here. No more paper waste, no dodgy handwriting, no ambiguous answers and no shady dealings when teams mark each other’s answers. We’re talking software that makes things smooth, transparent, super fun and hugely varied (think multiple choice, image, audio AND open-ended questions).
We’re talking AhaSlides.
How does it work? Easy – you ask quiz questions from your laptop and your players answer them with their phones.
Here’s your laptop screen 👇
And here are your players’ phone screens 👇
Want to try it out? Forget the taster – have a full free pint.
Claim your free quiz right here!
This AhaSlides quiz is viewable and playable for free with up to 7 players. If you have more players, you’ll have to choose a plan from $2.95 (£2.10) per event – less than half a Carlsberg! Check out the plans on our pricing page.
Your 40 Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
Got a fear of the new? Don’t sweat it. Below you’ll find all 40 pub quiz questions and answers in good old text form 👇
Please note that some of the questions in the quiz are image or audio-based, which means we’ve had to alter them to be able to write them here. You can check out the original questions on AhaSlides.
Round 1: The Euros
- Euro 2012 was hosted between which two countries? Greece & Cyprus // Sweden & Norway // Poland & Ukraine // Spain & Portugal
- Who won the golden boot for the highest goals tally in the 2016 Euros? Cristiano Ronaldo // Antoine Griezmann // Harry Kane // Robert Lewandowski
- Who was the only Mario to score less than 3 goals at the 2012 Euros? Mario Gomez // Mario Mandzukic // Mario Goetze // Mario Balotelli
- In the 2016 Euros, brothers Taulant and Granit Xhaka faced each other in the knockout stages for which two teams? Romania & Ukraine // Austria & Belgium // Albania & Switzerland // Slovakia & Croatia
- Which Czech player managed one goal for Liverpool in 2004, but 5 goals in the Euros that year? Milan Baroš
- Which goalkeeper was included in 5 Euros squads for his country between 2000 and 2016? Iker Casillas // Petr Čech // Gianluigi Buffon // Edwin van der Sar
- Who scored the golden goal in France’s 2-1 win over Italy in the Euro 2000 final? David Trezeguet // Robert Pires // Sylvain Wiltord // Thierry Henry
- Who scored a hat-trick against England in the 1988 Euros? Roberto Mancini // Eusebio // Jürgen Klinsmann // Marco van Basten
- The Euro trophy is named after who? Jules Rimet // Just Fontaine // Henri Delaunay // Charles Miller
- Which of these stadiums was NOT chosen to host the 2020 Euros? Stadio Olympico (Rome) // Johan Cruyff Arena (Amsterdam) // Ibrox Stadium (Glasgow) // Allianz Arena (Munich)
Round 2: Marvel Cinematic Universe 🦸♂️🦸
- Who helped to retrieve Yondu’s Yaka Arrow Controller when he was held captive in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’? Star-Lord // Drax the Destroyer // Rocket Raccoon // Groot
- What food do the Avengers go to eat after the Battle of New York in the first Avengers film at Tony Stark’s suggestion? Shawarma // Burgers // Steak // Ice-cream
- What was Janet van Dyne / The Wasp doing when she shrunk down into the quantum realm? Testing the limits of her shrinking suit // Trying to disarm a nuclear missile // Trying to infiltrate HYDRA headquarters // Having a malfunction in her shrinking suit
- Finish this line: “I’m _______, y’all!” Superman // Peter Pan // Mary Poppins // Underdog
- What is Hawkeye’s real name? Bart Clinton // Cole Philson // Clint Barton // Phil Coulson
- Who is the original owner of the Reality Stone? The Asgardians // The Dark Elves // The Humans // The Collector
- What does the ‘S’ in S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for? Strategic // Supreme // Special // State
- Complete the quote: “I love you _______” 3000
- What is Natasha’s final line before she sacrifices herself on Vormir? “Let me go” // “It’s okay” // “Clint” // “Tell everyone, I…”
- How does Doctor Strange defeat the inter-dimensional entity Dormammu? By locking him in the Mirror Dimension // By entrapping him in a time loop // By disrupting the ritual that summons him // By casting magical seals that forbid him from coming to Earth
Round 3: Fashion 👘
- Jeans are named after which Italian city, where a cotton corduroy called ‘jean’ was manufactured? Gallarate // Gelo // Genoa // Guidonia Montecelio
- Which fashion designer brought new wave and punk styles to the mainstream? Vivienne Westwood // Andreas Kronthaler // Alexander McQueen // Jean Paul Gaultier
- Which model famously tripped and fell on the catwalk wearing Vivienne Westwood’s shoes? Naomi Campbell
- Tartan is the signature design of which UK fashion house? Burberry
- Select all 4 original fashion capitals of the world. Saigon // New York // Milan // Paris // Prague // London // Cape Town
- Arab Fashion Week is held every year in which city? Doha // Abu Dhabi // Dubai // Medina
- Which fashion house designed the royal wedding dress of Meghan Markle? Givenchy // Louis Vuitton // Dolce & Gabbana // Off-White
- What kind of fashion item is an espadrille? Hat // Shoes // Belt // Cufflink
- Which famous fashion item was named after a series of nuclear tests by the US military? Boardshorts // Pinafore // Jodhpur // Bikini
- Kitten, spool, wedge and cone are all types of what? Trousers // Heel // Suspender // Watch
Round 4: General Knowledge 🙋♀️
- Coloboma is a condition affecting which organs? Skin // Kidney // Eyes // Heart
- Select all 5 members of the Scooby Doo gang. Fred // Velma // Scrappy Doo // Shaggy // Iggy // David // Scooby Doo // Daphne
- How many white squares are there on a chessboard? 28 // 30 // 32 // 34
- What is the heaviest bird in Australia? Cassowary // Cockatoo // Kingfisher // Emu
- Queen Victoria belonged to which ruling house of the British monarchy? House of Windsor // House of Hanover // House of Stuart // House of Tudor
- What colour is Neptune? Blue
- Which Tolstoy novel begins ‘All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way’? War & Peace // The Death of Ivan Ilyich // Resurrection // Anna Karenina
- ‘The Jazz’ are a basketball team from which U.S state? Utah // Minnesota // Mississippi // Georgia
- The periodic symbol ‘Sn’ represents which element? Tin
- Brazil is the biggest producer of coffee in the world. Which country is the second biggest? Ethiopia // India // Colombia // Vietnam
How to Use this Quiz on AhaSlides
Setting up and playing this pub quiz on AhaSlides is super simple. You can do it all in the 6 quick steps below:
Step #1 – Download the quiz for free
You can claim all 40 questions and answers for your pub quiz in just one click. There’s not even a sign-up necessary until you want to present your quiz at the pub.
Step #2 – Look through the questions
Scroll down through the left-hand column and check out all of the slides (headings, questions and leaderboard slides).
Once you select a slide, you’ll see the following information across the 3 columns of your screen:
- Left column – Vertical list of all slides in the quiz.
- Middle column – What the slide looks like.
- Right column – All information and settings about the selected slide.
Step #3 – Change anything
Once you download all 40 pub quiz questions and answers – they’re 100% yours! You can change them to make them easier or harder, or even add your own from scratch.
Here are some ideas:
- Change the question ‘type’ – You can convert any multiple choice question into an open-ended question in the ‘type’ tab in the right-hand column.
- Change the time limit or scoring system – Both can be found in the ‘content’ tab in the right-hand column.
- Add your own! – Click ‘new slide’ in the top left corner and create your own question.
- Stick a break slide in – Insert a ‘heading’ slide when you want to give time for players to come to the bar.
Step #4 – Test it out
On a handful of devices, join your quiz using the unique URL at the top of each slide. Progress through a few questions and leaderboard slides on your laptop while you and your fellow testers answer on the other devices.
Step #5 – Set up the teams
On the night of your quiz, gather the names of each team that’s taking part.
- Head to ‘settings’ ➟ ‘quiz settings’ ➟ check ‘play as team ➟ click ‘set up’.
- Enter the number of teams and the maximum number of participants in each team (‘team size’).
- Choose the team scoring rules.
- Enter the team names.
When the players are joining the quiz on their phones, they’ll be able to select the team they’re playing for from a dropdown list.
Step #6 – Showtime!
Time to get quizzical.
- Invite all of your players to join your quiz room via your unique URL code.
- Press the ‘present’ button.
- Proceed through the questions with all the poise and charm that you have always brought to the quiz master role.
Here’s a bit of inspiration 💡 BeerBods, one of the biggest craft beer clubs in the UK, regularly attracted 3,000+ people to their online pub quizzes in 2020. Here’s a clip of them running their trivia nights on AhaSlides:
Want more Pub Quiz Questions and Answers?
Check out the other trivia night questions and answers across the AhaSlides on Tap series.
If you’re looking for specific quizzes, we’ve got a bunch here 👇
(Please note that there may be some minor crossover between questions in these quizzes and ones in this article).