Questionnaires are an excellent method for gathering data and better understanding students’ opinions on school-related issues. It is especially useful for teachers, administrators, or researchers who want to gather valuable insights to improve their work. Or for students who need to share their feedback on their school experience.
However, coming up with the right questions can be a challenge. That’s why in today’s post, we provide questionnaire sample for students that you can use as a starting point for your own surveys. Whether you are searching for output on a specific topic, or a general of how students are feeling, our sample questionnaire with 45+ Questions can help.
Want to ask your students correctly?
Still looking for topics for questionnaire? Use fun quiz on AhaSlides to enhance class spirit! Sign up to take free quiz from AhaSlides template library!
🚀 Grab Free Quiz☁️
Table of Contents
Tips for Better Engagement
|How many questions should be included in a questionnaire sample?||4-6|
|How many students could joint the questionnaire session?||Unlimited|
|Could I make an interactive questionnaire session online on AhaSlides for free?||Yes|
What Is A Questionnaire Sample For Students?
A Questionnaire Sample For Students is a pre-designed set of questions to collect insights and feedback from students.
Administrators, teachers, and researchers can create a questionnaire to get a deeper understanding of different aspects of student’s academic life.
It includes topics with questions, including academic performance questionnaires, teacher evaluations, school environments, mental health, and other important areas of students.
These questions are easy to answer and can be given in paper form or through online surveys. The results can be used to make decisions to improve the overall learning experience for students.
Types Of Questionnaire Samples For Students
Depending on the purpose of the survey, there are several types of questionnaire samples for students. Here are the most common types:
- Academic Performance Questionnaire: A questionnaire sample aims to collect data on student’s academic performance, including grades, study habits, and learning preferences, or it could be research questionnaires samples.
- Teacher Evaluation Questionnaire: It aims to gather students’ feedback about their teachers’ performance, teaching styles, and effectiveness.
- School Environment Questionnaire: This includes questions to gather feedback about the school’s culture, student-teacher relationships, communication, and engagement.
- Mental Health and Bullying Questionnaire: This aims to gather information about students’ mental health and emotional well-being with a topic such as depression and anxiety, stress, suicide risk, bullying behaviors, help-seeking behaviors, etc.
- Career Aspirations Questionnaire: It aims to gather information about students’ career goals and aspirations, including their interests, skills, and plans.
- Getting to know your students questionnaire as the way to know your students better, both in class and during extracurricular activities.
Examples Of A Questionnaire Sample For Students
Academic Performance – A Questionnaire Sample For Students
Here are some examples in an academic performance questionnaire sample:
1/ How many hours do you typically study per week?
- Less than 5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
2/ How often do you complete your homework on time?
2/ How do you rate your study habits and time management skills?
3/ Can you focus in your class?
4/ What motivates you to learn more?
- Curiosity – I simply love to learn new things.
- Love of learning – I enjoy the process of learning and find it rewarding in and of itself.
- Love of a subject – I am passionate about a particular subject and want to learn more about it.
- Personal growth – I believe learning is essential for personal growth and development.
5/ How often do you seek help from your teacher when you are struggling with a subject?
- Almost always
6/ What resources do you use to support your learning, such as textbooks, online resources, or study groups?
7/ What aspects of the class do you like the most?
8/ What aspects of the class do you dislike the most?
9/ Do you have supportive classmates?
10/ What learning tips would you give to students in next year’s class?
Teacher Evaluation – A Questionnaire Sample For Students
Here are some potential questions you could use in a Teacher Evaluation Questionnaire:
1/ How well did the teacher communicate with students?
2/ How knowledgeable was the teacher in the subject matter?
- Very knowledgeable
- Moderately knowledgeable
- Somewhat knowledgeable
- Not knowledgeable
3/ How well did the teacher engage students in the learning process?
- Very engaging
- Moderately engaging
- Somewhat engaging
- Not engaging
4/ How easy to contact when the teacher is outside of class?
- Very approachable
- Moderately approachable
- Somewhat approachable
- Not approachable
5/ How effectively did the teacher use classroom technology (e.g. smartboard, online resources)?
6/ Does your teacher find you struggling with their subject?
7/ How well does your teacher respond to questions from students?
8/ What are the areas in which your teacher excelled?
9/ Are there any areas the teacher should improve?
10/ Overall, how would you rate the teacher?
School Environment – A Questionnaire Sample For Students
Here are some examples of questions in a School Environment Questionnaire:
1/ How safe do you feel in your school?
- Very safe
- Moderately safe
- Somewhat safe
- Not safe
2/ Is your school clean and well-maintained?
3/ How clean and well-maintained is your school?
- Very clean and well-maintained
- Moderately clean and well-maintained
- Somewhat clean and well-maintained
- Not clean and well-maintained
4/ Does your school prepare you for college or a career?
5/ Do school personnel have the necessary training and resources to keep students safe? What additional training or resources could be effective?
6/ How well does your school support students with special needs?
- Very well
- Moderately well
- Somewhat well
7/ How inclusive is your school environment for students from diverse backgrounds?
8/ From 1 – 10, how would you rate your school environment?
Mental Health and Bullying – A Questionnaire Sample For Students
These questions below can help teachers and school administrators understand how common mental illnesses and bullying are among students, as well as what types of support are required to tackle these issues.
1/ How frequently do you feel depressed or hopeless?
2/ How often do you feel anxious or stressed?
3/ Have you ever been subjected to school bullying?
4/ How frequently have you been the victim of bullying?
- A few times
- Several times
- Many times
5/ Can you tell us about your bullying experience?
6/ What type(s) of bullying have you experienced?
- Verbal bullying (e.g. name-calling, teasing)
- Social bullying (e.g. exclusion, spreading rumors)
- Physical bullying (e.g. hitting, pushing)
- Cyberbullying (e.g. online harassment)
- All behaviors above
7/ If you have talked to someone, who did you talk to?
8/ How effectively do you think your school handles bullying?
9/ Have you ever tried to seek help for your mental health?
10/ Where did you go for help if you needed it?
- School counselor
- Outside therapist/counselor
- Doctor/Healthcare provider
11/ How well does your school, in your opinion, manage mental health issues?
12/ Is there anything else you would like to share about mental health or bullying in your school?
Career Aspirations Questionnaire – A Questionnaire Sample For Students
By gathering information about career aspirations, educators and counselors can provide tailored guidance and resources to help students navigate their desired careers.
1/ What are your career aspirations?
2/ How confident do you feel about achieving your career goals?
- Very confident
- Quite confident
- Somewhat confident
- Not confident at all
3/ Have you talked to anyone about your career aspirations?
4/ Have you participated in any career-related activities at school? What were they?
5/ How helpful have these activities been in shaping your career aspirations?
- Quite helpful
- Somewhat helpful
- Not helpful
6/ What obstacles do you think may stand in the way of achieving your career aspirations?
- Lack of finance
- Lack of access to educational resources
- Discrimination or bias
- Family responsibilities
- Other (please specify)
7/ What resources or support do you think would help pursue your career aspirations?
Tips For Conduct An Questionnaire Sample For Students
By following these tips, you can conduct a successful questionnaire sample for students that provides valuable insights:
- Clearly define the purpose and objectives of the questionnaire: Before you start, ensure that you’re aware of the information you want to collect and how you plan to use it.
- Use simple and clear language: Use language that is easy for students to understand and avoid using technical terms that could confuse them.
- Keep the questionnaire brief: To keep students’ attention, keep the questionnaire short and focus on the most important questions.
- Use a mix of question types: To gain a more thorough knowledge of student opinions, use different question forms, such as multiple-choice and open-ended.
- Offer incentives: Offering incentives, such as a small gift, can encourage student participation and provide honest feedback.
- Use a digital platform: Using a digital platform like AhaSlides will save you time and effort while ensuring the effectiveness of your survey. In particular, with anonymous Q&A and real-time polling features. It will be easier for students to answer. As well as help you distribute, collect, and create the report and analyze data.
Educators can gain insight into student perspectives on various topics, from academic performance to mental health and bullying by using a questionnaire sample for students.
In addition, with the right tools and strategies in place, you can make the most of this powerful method to create positive change in the lives of your students.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is sample questionnaire format?
A questionnaire is series of questions, which is used to gather information from people and community.
Criterias of Effectiveness Questionnaire Sample?
A good questionnaire survey should be interesting, interactive, reliable, valid, succinct and super clear.
How many types of questionnaire?
Structured Questionnaire, Unstructured Questionnaire, Open ended Questionnaire and Close ended Questionnaire…