Are you looking for a fun way to enhance your kid’s General knowledge? We’ve got your cover with 100 basic general quiz questions for kids in middle school!
11 to 14 years old is a crucial time for children to develop their intellectual and cognitive thinking.
As they come to early adolescence, children undergo significant changes in their cognitive abilities, emotional development, and social interactions.
Thus, providing children with general knowledge via quiz questions can promote active thinking, problem-solving, and critical analysis, while also making the learning process enjoyable and interactive.
Table of Contents
Easy Quiz Questions for Kids
1. What do you call a type of shape that has five sides?
2. Which is the coldest location on Earth?
A: East Antarctica
3. Where is the most ancient Pyramid located?
A: Egypt (The Pyramid of Djoser – built around 2630 B.C.)
4. Which is the hardest substance available on earth?
5. Who discovered electricity?
A: Benjamin Franklin
6. What is the number of players in a professional football team?
7. Which is the most widely spoken language in the world?
A: Mandarin (Chinese)
8. What covers approximately 71% of the Earth’s surface: Land or water?
9. What is the name of the biggest rainforest in the world?
A: The Amazon
10. What is the largest mammal in the world?
A: A whale
11. Who is the founder of Microsoft?
A: Bill Gates
12. During which year did World War I begin?
13. How many bones do sharks have?
14. Global warming is caused by the excess of which type of gas?
A: Carbon dioxide
15. What makes up (approx.) 80% of our brain’s volume?
16. What team sport is known as the fastest game on Earth?
A: Ice hockey
17. What is the largest ocean on Earth?
A: Pacific Ocean
18. Where was Christopher Columbus born?
19. How many planets are in our solar system?
20. ‘Stars and Stripes’ is the nickname of the flag of which country?
A: United States of America
21. What planet is closest to the sun?
22. How many hearts does a worm have?
23. Who is the oldest country in the world?
A: Iran (founded 3200 B.C.)
24. Which bones protect the lungs and heart?
A: The ribs
25. Pollination helps a plant do what?
Difficult Quiz Questions for Kids
26. Which planet in the Milky Way is the hottest?
27. Who discovered that the Earth revolves around the sun?
A: Nicolaus Copernicus
28. What is the largest Spanish-speaking city in the world?
A: Mexico City
29. The world’s tallest building is in which country?
A: Dubai (Burj Khalifa)
30. Which country has the most area of the Himalayas?
31. What popular tourist destination was once called “The Island of Swine”?
32. Who was the first human to journey into space?
A: Yuri Gagarin
33. What is the world’s largest island?
34. Which president is credited with ending slavery in the United States?
A: Abraham Lincoln
35. Who gifted the Statue of Liberty to the United States?
36. At what temperature Fahrenheit does water freeze?
A: 32 degrees
37. What is a 90-degree angle called?
A: Right angle
38. What does the Roman numeral “C” mean?
39. What was the first animal to be cloned?
A: A sheep
40. Who invented the lightbulb?
A: Thomas Edison
41. How do snakes smell?
A: With their tongue
42. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
A: Leonardo da Vinci
43. How many bones are there in the human skeleton?
44. Who was the first Black president of South Africa?
A: Nelson Mandela
45. What year did World War II start?
46. Who was involved in the creation of “The Communist Manifesto” with Karl Marx?
A: Friedrich Engels
47. What is the tallest mountain in North America?
A: Mount McKinley in Alaska
48. Which country has the world’s largest population?
A: India (2023 updated)
49. What is the smallest country in the world by population?
A: Vatican City
50. What is the last dynasty in China?
A: The Qing dynasty
Tips for Better Engagement
Fun Quiz Questions for Kids
51. What’s the response to “See you later, alligator?”
A: “In a while, crocodile.”
52. Name the potion that grants good luck in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
A: Felix Felicis
53. What is the name of Harry Potter’s pet owl?
54. Who lives at Number 4, Privet Drive?
A: Harry Potter
55. Which animal does Alice try to play croquet within Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland?
A: A flamingo
56. How many times can you fold a paper in half?
A: 7 times
57. Which month has 28 days?
58. What is the fastest aquatic animal?
A: The Sailfish
59. How many Earths can fit inside the sun?
A: 1.3 Million
60. Which is the largest bone in the human body?
A: Thigh Bone
61. Which big cat is the largest?
62. What is the chemical symbol for table salt?
63. How many days does it take Mars to go around the sun?
A: 687 days
64. What do bees consume to make honey?
65. How many breaths does the average human take in a day?
A: 17,000 to 23,000
66. What color is a giraffe’s tongue?
67. What is the fastest animal?
68. How many teeth does an adult human have?
69. What is the largest known living land animal?
A: African elephant
70. Where does the most venomous spider live?
71. What is a female donkey called?
72. Who was the first Disney princess?
A: Snow White
73. How many Great Lakes are there?
74. Which Disney princess is inspired by a real person?
75. Which famous person was the teddy bear named after?
A: President Teddy Roosevelt
Math Quiz Questions for Kids
76. The perimeter of a circle is known as?
77. How many months are there in a century?
78. How many sides does Nonagon contain?
79. What percentage is to be added to 40 to make it 50?
80. Is -5 an integer? Yes or No.
81. The value of pi is equal to:
A: 22/7 or 3.14
82. The square root of 5 is:
83. 27 is a perfect cube. True or False?
A: True (27 = 3 x 3 x 3= 33)
84. When does 9 + 5 = 2?
A: When you’re telling time. 9:00 + 5 hours = 2:00
85. Using only addition, add eight 8s to get the number 1,000.
A: 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 1,000
86. If 3 cats can catch 3 bunnies in 3 minutes, how long will it take 100 cats to catch 100 bunnies?
A: 3 minutes
87. There are 100 houses in the neighborhood where Alex and Dev live. Alex’s house number is the reverse of Dev’s house number. The difference between their house numbers ends with 2. What are their house numbers?
A: 19 and 91
88. I am a three-digit number. My second digit is four times greater than the third digit. My first digit is three less than my second digit. What number am I?
89. If a hen and a half lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many eggs will half a dozen hens lay in half a dozen days?
A: 2 dozen, or 24 eggs
90. Jake bought a pair of shoes and a shirt, which cost a total of $150. The shoes cost $100 more than the shirt. How much was each item?
A: The shoes cost $125, the shirt $25
Trick Quiz Questions for Kids
91. What kind of coat is best put on wet?
A: A coat of paint
92. What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?
93. Can you add one mathematical symbol in between 55555 to equal 500?
A: 555-55 = 500
94. If five alligators can eat five fish in three minutes, how long will 18 alligators need to eat 18 fish
A: Three minutes
95. What bird can lift the most weight?
A: A crane
96. If a rooster lays an egg on top of the barn roof, which way will it roll?
A: Roosters do not lay eggs
97. An electric train traveling east to west, which way is the smoke blowing?
A: No direction; electric trains don’t make smoke!
98. I have 10 tropical fish, and 2 of them drowned; how many would I have left?
A: 10! Fish cannot drown.
99. What are two things you can never eat for breakfast?
A: Lunch and Dinner
100. If you have a bowl with six apples and you take away four, how many do you have?
A: The four you took
Best Way to Play Quiz Questions for Kids
If you are looking for better ways to help students improve their critical thinking and learning effectiveness, hosting a daily quiz question for kids can be an excellent idea. It definitely makes learning fun and practical.
How to host interesting and interactive quiz questions for kids? Try AhaSlides to explore free advanced features that enhance students’ experience with in-built templates and a range of question types.