Another year about to pass and another quiz season about to fire up. This time, we’re bringing you 40 questions and answers for a family Christmas quiz!
You can find all quiz questions below, as well as a free family Christmas quiz to play on live quiz software.
Bring the Christmas Joy!
Reconnect this Christmas. Grab the live + interactive family Christmas quiz from the AhaSlides template library and host it for your loved ones for free!
40 Family Christmas Quiz Questions and Answers
Kid-friendly Christmas quiz? We’ve got 40 questions right here for you to throw the ultimate family bash with your loved ones.
Round 1: Christmas Films
- What is the name of the town where the Grinch lives?
Whoville // Buckhorn // Winden // Hilltown
- How many Home Alone films are there?
3 // 4 // 5 // 6
- What are the 4 main food groups that elves stick to, according to the movie Elf?
Candy corn // Eggnog // Cotton candy // Candy // Candy canes // Candied bacon // Syrup
- According to one movie in 2007 starring Vince Vaughn, what’s the name of Santa’s bitter older brother?
John Nick // Brother Christmas // Fred Klaus // Dan Kringle
- Which muppet was the narrator in 1992’s The Muppets Christmas Carol?
Kermit // Miss Piggy // Gonzo // Sam the Eagle
- What’s the name of Jack Skellington’s ghost dog in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
Bounce // Zero // Bounce // Mango
- What movie stars Tom Hanks as an animated conductor?
Winter Wonderland // Polar Express // Cast Away // Arctic Collision
- Match these movies to the place they are set!
Miracle on 34th Street (New York) // Love Actually (London) // Frozen (Arendelle) // The Nightmare Before Christmas (Halloween Town)
- What’s the name of the film that features the song ‘We’re Walking in the Air’?
- What toy did Howard Langston want to buy in the 1996 film Jingle All the Way?
Action Man // Buffman // Turbo Man // The Human Axe
Round 2: Christmas Around the World
- Which European country has a Christmas tradition in which a monster called The Krampus terrorises children?
Switzerland // Slovakia // Austria // Romania
- In which country is it popular to eat KFC on Christmas Day?
USA // South Korea // Peru // Japan
- In which country is Lapland, where Santa is from?
Singapore // Finland // Ecuador // South Africa
- Match these Santas with their native languages!
Père Noël (French) // Babbo Natale (Italian) // Weihnachtsmann (German) // Święty Mikołaj (Polish)
- Where might you find a sand snowman on Christmas Day?
Monaco // Laos // Australia // Taiwan
- What eastern European country celebrates Christmas on 7th of January?
Poland // Ukraine // Greece // Hungary
- Where would you find the world’s largest Christmas market?
Canada // China // UK // Germany
- In which country do people give apples to each other on Ping’an Ye (Christmas Eve)?
Kazakhstan // Indonesia // New Zealand // China
- Where might you see Ded Moroz, the blue Santa Claus (or ‘Grandfather Frost’)?
Russia // Mongolia // Lebanon // Tahiti
- Where might you enjoy kiviak, a meal of fermented bird wrapped in seal skin at Christmas?
Greenland // Vietnam // Mongolia // India
Round 3: What is it?
- A small, sweet pie of dried fruit and spices.
- A human-like creature made of snow.
- A colourful item, pulled together with others to release the stuff inside.
- The reindeer with the red nose.
- A plant with white berries that we kiss under at Christmastime.
- A baked cookie styled in the shape of a human.
- A sock hung on Christmas eve with presents inside.
- Besides frankincense and myrrh, the gift that the 3 wise men presented to Jesus on Christmas day.
- A small, round, orange bird that is associated with Christmas.
- The green character who stole Christmas.
Round 4: Name the Songs (from the lyrics)
- Seven swans a-swimming.
Winter Wonderland // Deck the Halls // 12 Days of Christmas // Away in a Manger
- Sleep in heavenly peace.
Silent Night // Little Drummer Boy // Christmas Time is Here // Last Christmas
- Sing we joyous all together, heedless of the wind and weather.
Santa Baby // Jingle Bell Rock // Sleigh Ride // Deck the Halls
- With a corn cob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal.
Frosty the Snowman // Oh, Christmas Tree // Merry Xmas Everybody // Feliz Navidad
- I won’t even stay awake to hear those magic reindeer click.
All I Want for Christmas is You // Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! // Do They Know it’s Christmas? // Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town
- O tannenbaum, o tannenbaum, how lovely are thy branches.
O Come O Come Emmanuel // Silver Bells // O Christmas Tree // Angels we Have Heard on High
- I wanna wish you a merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart.
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen // Little Saint Nick // Feliz Navidad // Ave Maria
- Snow is falling all around us, my baby’s coming home for Christmas.
Christmas Lights // Yodel for Santa // One More Sleep // Holiday Kisses
- Feelin’ like the first thing on your wish list, right up at the top.
Like It’s Christmas // Santa Tell Me // My Gift is You // 8 Days of Christmas
- When you’re still waiting for the snow to fall, it doesn’t really feel like Christmas at all.
This Christmas // Someday at Christmas // Christmas in Hollis // Christmas Lights
👊 Make your own live quiz for free! Check the video below to find out how.
Running a Zoom Family Christmas Quiz?
If you’ve got family near and far this Christmas, you may be looking for ways to connect.
Well, despite the end of most lockdowns globally, Zoom quizzes are still immensely popular. Playing the family Christmas quiz together over Zoom is a great, simple way to keep connections strong this holiday season.
- Set up a Zoom call with your family and share your screen.
- Grab the family Christmas quiz from AhaSlides’ free template library.
- Share the unique URL code at the top of the slide with your players.
- Each player enters that code into their phone browsers.
- Each player picks a name (and maybe a team).
❄ Want to know more? Check out our full guide to running a hugely fun, free Zoom quiz.
More Christmas Quizzes
You’ll find a bunch more family-friendly Christmas quizzes in our template library. You’ll find 5 quizzes with 100 questions, ready for you to host at any Christmas occasion! Here’s our top 3…
Here’s a secret: any quiz is a family Christmas quiz if you play it with your family at Christmas.
Here are a few of our other top quizzes, all ready to play with your family after you sign up to AhaSlides for free!