What’s more evocative of Christmas than the idea of grabbing a hot chocolate, curling up on the sofa and watching the cheesiest of cheesy Christmas movies?
If you, like us, don’t want to lose any of that magic in 2020’s bizarre edition of Christmas, we’ve got the perfect gift for you: a free Christmas movie quiz, with questions and answers, available to download and play online!
Whether you’re throwing a virtual Christmas party this year, or even one in a live setting, AhaSlides has got you covered!
Your Free Christmas Movie Quiz Guide
Christmas Movie Quiz 2020 (Free Download!)
Please be aware that this is a quiz for you to host. It’s not a quiz that you, yourself, can take to test your Christmas knowledge (although if you got someone else to host the quiz for you, then it would be!)
So, without further ado, check out the free Christmas movie quiz below. We hope you’ll use it to bring folk together for a virtual Christmas this year!
- Click the button above for 50 questions (40 + 10 bonus questions) brimming with film festivities.
- If you want to make your own improvements to the quiz, you can change anything on the AhaSlides editor (make questions easier/harder and add questions, for example).
- Share the unique room code with your players and quiz them on their Noël knowledge!
While the quiz is free to download and play, your audience size will be limited to 7 quiz players. For a one-time purchase of $2.95, you can increase the limit to 15 players, and for $6.95, you can increase it up to 30.
How it Works
The Christmas movie quiz is made with AhaSlides, which is free quizzing software that’s also great for polling. Let’s take a look at how any AhaSlides quiz works…
As the quiz master, you will see the following display on your laptop or desktop. This is the display that you show to your audience via video conferencing software (for online quizzing) or a projector (for live event quizzing).
This display shows the questions, time limit, and possible answers. Once all the answers are in, it reveals how many players got it right and wrong, along with a leaderboard that shows all players’ points tallies.
Your quiz players will get the following display on their phones. They all join the quiz via a unique code and can play from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
The quiz player’s display is personal to them. It shows them the question and possible answers, lets them know if they got it right, and then reveals their overall point tally compared to other players.
The two displays are synced – meaning that everyone plays together at the exact same time. When you progress to the next question on your laptop or desktop, everyone’s phone displays follow suit.
Are you a Quizmas Quiz-Head?
The season of family and friends is also the season of giving. That’s why we’re giving away all of our free Christmas quizzes for you to enjoy with your loved ones, no matter where they are this Christmas.
We’ll leave them right here, underneath this virtual Christmas tree:
Christmas Family Quiz (40 Questions)
Christmas Work Quiz (40 Questions)
Christmas Music Quiz (40 Questions)
Please note that there is some minor crossover with these quizzes. Therefore, you may find a handful of questions are the same across a few of the rounds.
You can use these quizzes in the same ways as the Christmas movie quiz. Simply click the name of the quiz you want above, change anything you want and share the unique room code with your waiting players.
To enhance your quiz, you can add any of the questions from our ever-growing library of free quizzes. These include full quizzes on Star Wars, Marvel, Friends, pop music and much more. Check out the library here!
👊 Protip: If you’re using this quiz as part of a virtual party, you’ll probably want to see our bumper list of 30 totally free virtual party ideas. Splice in your quiz with some of the other no-cost, minimum-preparation ideas in this article!
How to Use and Adapt this Christmas Movie Quiz
There are only 2 or 3 things you need for any quiz on AhaSlides.
- For the quiz master: 1 laptop or desktop with an AhaSlides account.
- For the quiz players: 1 phone each.
If you’re hosting your Christmas movie quiz online, then all of your quiz players will also need a laptop or desktop. This is in addition to their phones so that they can watch the screen sharing while you host.
If you’re hosting in a small gathering in one room, then your players should be able to see the display on both their phones and your laptop. If you’re hosting in a larger room, then you will need hardware that will project your display for everyone to see.
Once you’re assured you’ve got the apparatus for the big day, you can begin changing your quiz in any way that you like. Here are a few ideas…
1. Solo Quiz or Team Quiz?
Of course, Christmas is a time to come together, so why not let your players come together in fierce competition for the grand prize?
This Christmas movie quiz is solo by default, but you can easily change it into a team affair. Just navigate to the quiz editor by finding the ‘Christmas Movie Quiz’ on your dashboard, then follow the instructions below:
- In the quiz editor, click on the ‘Settings’ tab on the top bar.
- Check the box under ‘Quiz settings’ that says ‘play as teams’.
- Alter the number and size of the teams for your quiz. As all team members will have their own answering devices, you can also decide how the team’s points are calculated and awarded.
- Click on ‘set team names’ and you’ll be able to write in the names for each of your teams. You can do this part on the day of the quiz, once the teams are settled and the names have been decided by the players.
2. Joining the Quiz
When everything is set up and you’re ready to roll with your free Christmas movie quiz, it’s time to invite your players in. There are 2 really simple ways to do this:
- Via the join code that lies across the top bar of every slide. Anyone can type this unique code into their browser at any point during the quiz, and when they’ve entered their details, they’ll jump in at whatever slide you’re presenting.
- Via the QR code, which is shown when you click on the top bar of a slide. Anyone can scan this unique barcode on their phone’s camera, after which they will be taken straight to the quiz.
Once a player joins your quiz, they’ll be prompted to enter their name, pick their team and choose an emoji to be their avatar:
3. Changing the Difficulty
Depending on your audience’s level of Christmas movie knowledge, some of the questions on this quiz might seem either like a breeze, or way too difficult. We’ve aimed for a mixture of difficulties to keep the playing field as even as possible, but if your family, friends or work colleagues are absolutely nuts for Christmas films, or absolute novices at Christmas films, there are always ways to change the difficulty.
Making it Easier
Here are some tips to make this Christmas movie quiz easier for movie newbies:
- Make it a team quiz: 4 heads are better than 1! Check out the instructions above for how to enable teamplay.
- Make it multiple choice: Any ‘type answer’ slide can transform into a ‘pick answer’ slide at the click of a button. Just change the slide type, add in 3 incorrect answers and you’re done!
- Get rid of the time pressure: As default, all questions have a 30-second time limit (45 seconds for the music round) and more points are awarded for faster answers. Lengthening the time limit and unchecking the checkbox for ‘faster answers get more points’ will remove the pressure to answer quickly and allow more time for thought.
Making it More Difficult
Looking for a more difficult Christmas movie quiz? Here’s a few ways you can alter this one for free:
- Keep it as a solo quiz: It’s much harder to answer without teammates!
- Take away the choice: Turn ‘pick answer’ slides into ‘type answer’ slides.
- Restrict the time: Tighten up the time restriction to force answers quickly.
4. Adding Your Own Questions
Got your own ideas for the Christmas movie quiz? The creativity of AhaSlides’ users never ceases to amaze us!
If you want to add any questions of your own…
- Click on the ‘new slide’ button in the bottom left corner of the editor.
- Head to the ‘type’ tab.
- Choose one of the three types of quiz slides available.
After that, you can make the slide however you would like. This includes writing the question, writing the answer, choosing an image, choosing a background, adding audio clips and so much more.
If you need help adding anything to your free Christmas movie quiz, we’ve got a library of tutorials for you to consult. If you’re still stuck, you can use the live chat function in the bottom-right of the editor to talk to one of our team.
Download the Free Christmas Movie Quiz for 2020
Simply click the button below to download the 2020 Christmas movie quiz for free! Remember, the free allowance for this quiz is up to 7 players; if you need more, you will have to upgrade for an inexpensive, one-time price. You can find out more about that on our pricing page.