How to start a conversation is sometimes an obsession for many people because they do not know how? “What if I say it’s not funny? What if I ruin the atmosphere? What if I make people feel more awkward?”
Don’t worry, we’ll come to your rescue with the best ice breaker questions you need to memorize. You can use them in any situation from work, team bonding, and team meetings to family gatherings.
These 115+ ice breaker questions list will be fun and bring a sense of comfort to everyone. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Ice Breaker Questions for Work
- Ice Breaker Questions for Meetings
- Virtual Ice Breaker Questions
- Fun Ice Breaker Questions
- Great Ice Breaker Questions
- Naughty Ice Breaker Questions
- Ice Breaker Questions for Adults
- Ice Breaker Questions for Teens
- Ice Breaker Questions for Kids
- Christmas Ice Breaker Questions
- Tips for Ice Breaker Questions That Everyone Will Love
- Key Takeaways
Ice Breaker Questions For Work
- Is your current career the one you dreamed of?
- Who is the smartest co-worker you know?
- What are your favorite team bonding activities?
- What is something you did at work that no one noticed?
- Where do you work most frequently from at home? Your bedroom? Your kitchen table? In the living room?
- What’s your favorite thing about your job?
- If you could instantly become an expert in some skills, what would it be?
- What was the worst job you ever had?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- What is your work-from-home outfit?
- What is part of your daily routine that you look forward to every day?
- Do you prefer to prepare your own lunch or go out to eat with colleagues?
- What’s something that most people don’t know about you?
- How do you get motivated for complex tasks?
- What type of music do you most like to listen to when working?
More Icebreaker Tips with AhaSlides
Ice Breaker Questions For Meetings
- Are you reading anything interesting book right now?
- What’s the worst movie you have seen?
- What’s your favorite way to get in some exercise?
- What is your favorite breakfast?
- How do you feel today?
- Do you practice any sports?
- Where would you go if you could travel anywhere in the world today?
- If you had one free hour today, what would you do?
- When do you usually come up with new ideas?
- Has there been a task that has made you feel stressed lately?
- The apocalypse is coming, who are the 3 people in the meeting room you want to be on your team?
- What’s the most embarrassing fashion trend you used to wear to go to work?
- How many cups of coffee do you have each morning?
- Are there any games you are playing these days?
Virtual Ice Breaker Questions
- Are you more productive when you are at home or in the office?
- What’s one thing we could do to improve our virtual meetings?
- Have you encountered any weird situations while working from home?
- What are your tips for combating distractions when working from home?
- What is the most boring thing about working from home?
- What do you find most enjoyable to do at home?
- If you could only use one piece of technology, what would it be?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- What’s one thing you wish could be automated about your job?
- Which song could you listen to over and over again?
- Do you choose to listen to music or listen to podcasts while working?
- If you were to host your online talk show, who would be your first guest?
- What are some strategies that you’ve found to be helpful in your recent work?
- Which position do you most commonly find yourself sitting in? Show us!
Or you can use 20+ Virtual Team Meeting Icebreaker Games to “rescue” yourself and your colleagues during remote working days.
Fun Ice Breaker Questions
- What food could you not live without?
- If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
- What’s your most annoying quality or habit?
- Would you rather join BTS or Black Pink?
- If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose?
- What is a weird food you have tried? Would you eat it again?
- What is the most embarrassing memory in your life?
- Have you ever told someone Santa is not real?
- Do you want to be 5 years younger or have $50,000?
- What is your worst dating story?
- What “old person” habits do you have?
- What fictional family would you be a member of?
Great Ice Breaker Questions
- What is your favorite place of all the places you have traveled to?
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your best scar story?
- What was the best thing that happened to you in school?
- What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
- There is a free, round-trip shuttle to the Moon. It will take one year of your life to go, visit, and come back. Are you in?
- What is the best book you’ve read so far this year?
- What is the worst book you’ve read so far this year?
- What do you hope to be doing 10 years from now?
- What was the most difficult thing about your childhood?
- If you had a million dollars that you had to donate to charity, which charity would you give it to?
- What is an interesting fact about you that nobody in this room knows?
Naughty Ice Breaker Questions
- What was the most embarrassing thing you have done on a date?
- What would it be if you had to email your boss an emoji right now?
- What would you say if you could say one thing to the world right now?
- Do you watch any TV shows you pretend you don’t care when people ask?
- Who is your favourite star?
- Would you show everyone in this meeting your browser history?
- What is the most interesting “ice breaker” question you have ever been asked?
- What is the worst “ice breaker” question you have ever been asked?
- Have you ever pretended you didn’t see somebody to avoid talking to them?
- If the world was about to end tomorrow, what would you do?
Ice Breaker Questions for Adults
- What’s your love language?
- If you could trade your life with anyone for a day, who would it be?
- What’s the craziest dare you’ve ever taken?
- Where do you want to retire?
- What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
- What do you regret the most after arguing with your parents?
- Are you planning to start a family?
- What do you think about the fact that many young people do not intend to have children?
- If you could do anything in the world as your career, what would you do?
- Would you rather go back in time or be transported to the future?
- What villain do you want to be? And why?
Ice Breaker Questions for Teens
- If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
- If you were a Black Pink member, what would you be?
- Among your friends, what are you best known for?
- When you are stressed, what do you do to relax?
- What is the strangest family tradition you have?
- Grow up immediately or stay a kid forever?
- What’s the most recent picture on your phone? And why is it there?
- Do you think you are your parents’ favorite child?
- What’s the most awesome gift you’ve ever received?
- What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
Ice Breaker Questions for Kids
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
- Be able to talk to animals or read people’s minds?
- Would you rather be a cat or a dog?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
- If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
- Which cartoon character do you wish was real?
- Who is your favorite Tiktoker?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Who’s your favorite celebrity?
Christmas Ice Breaker Questions
- What is your ideal Christmas?
- Did you ever go abroad for Christmas? If so, where did you go?
- What’s your favorite Christmas song?
- What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
- How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
- What makes you the most tired at Christmas?
- What’s the best Christmas gift you’ve ever given anyone?
- What is your family’s funniest Christmas story?
- What is the first gift you remember receiving?
- Would you rather do all of your Christmas shopping online or in person?
Tips for Ice Breaker Questions That Everyone Will Love
- Don’t ask sensitive questions. Don’t let your team or friends fall into awkward silence. You can ask funny and naughty questions, but don’t ask questions that are too specific or force others to answer if they don’t want to.
- Keep it short. One of the best things about icebreaker questions is that they’re short enough to keep everyone interested and engaged.
- Use AhaSlides free Ice Breaker Templates to save time and effort and still have great “ice-breaking” experiences.
Hope you have some bright ideas for your ice breaker questions. Using this list properly will remove the distance between people, bringing each other closer with laughter and joy.
Don’t forget AhaSlides also has many games and quizzes this holiday season waiting for you!